Water Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (Wash Institute), Dindigul wanted Teaching Staff for the academic year 2021. Eligible candidates can Email their resume and supporting documents within 21st March 2021
Date Posted:23rd February 2021
Hiring Organization: Water Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (Wash Institute), Dindigul
Organization Profile: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) was established in 2008 as a Non-Governmental Organization. Recently, the organization has marked 10th year in the development space in enabling the communities with sustainable drinking water, sanitation facilities and improved hygiene practices. WASH Institute is dedicated to providing and strengthening the capacity, and skills of the professionals involved in the sector across India through intensive trainings. Apart from the capacity building initiatives for the professionals already associated in the sector, the organization has also given prime importance towards grooming students for achieving sustainable water and sanitation solution. In addition to the skill and capacity building initiatives, WASH Institute provides Technical Assistance to the Government of India for implementing Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) and Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). The organization has been recognized as a National key Resource Centre (KRC) by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS), Government of India.
- Teaching Staff (The role may require travel to other project locations based on need. )
Job Location: Dindigul, Tamilnadu
Employment Type: Full Time
Qualification: M.Tech./ Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering (or) M.Sc./ Ph.D. in Environmental Science
Experience: At least 5 years teaching experience of graduate or post graduate courses. Experience of Research or Work Experience in water, Sanitation and Hygiene including Fecal Sludge and Septage Management(FSSM)
Pay Scale: The Annual salary CTC will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process
Language: Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in English is mandatory and Tamil is essential.
Key Responsibilities :
The Teaching staff will lead the academic program initiatives under the project and carry out the following roles and responsibilities and also responsible for overall operation and management of Formal Course Centre of WASH Institute (not limited to):
- Design various postgraduate diploma and certificate courses for subjects related to water and sanitation as per the project requirements.
- Coordination with subject experts, faculty members and external stakeholders in compiling and preparing the syllabus and content for the courses.
- Conduct classes for trainees/participants as and when required
- Deliver trainings online and at other project locations on subjects related to water and
- Coordinate with University in getting relevant approvals and affiliations related to the
- Responsible for high quality and effective delivery of the courses
- Coordinate with Private sector and Government agencies in facilitating placement of the
students who successfully complete the course requirements.
- Deliver the course and also assist other faculty members in effective delivery
- Review the course content, delivery methods and advise the faculty and project teams on necessary modifications to meet industry requirements.
- Conduct review of the project as per monitoring, learning and evaluation requirements and recommend methods to effectively achieve project goals.
- Oversee the project finances and generate monthly and quarterly updates to the
management and donor as per project requirements.
- Ensure compliance during the course delivery as per policies laid out by WASHI, Donor,
University and any other key stakeholder.
- Upskilling the support staff at the Institute on subject matters and project management.
- Appraise the management on requirements as per the University guidelines and oversee its implementation on timely basis
- Contribute and oversee the research activities undertaken at the Institute.
- Support the project team in any other functions as and when required
Apply Mode: Email
Last Date: 21st March 2021
How to Apply: Eligible candidates submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. The last date to submit application is 21st March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
This opening is reserved for women only and therefore others refrain from applying.
Email Address to Apply: [email protected]
Wedsite URL: https://www.washinstitute.org/
Reference : Official Advertisement