Faculty recruitment 2021 Job vacancy notification announced by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai – Web and UI Designer/ Jr. Software Developer/ System Administrator Jobs for the 2020-2021 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply within 5th April 2021
Date Posted: 26th March 2021
Hiring Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Organization Profile: The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed to be University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. TISS offers Master Degree Programmes, M. Phil. And PhD Programmes in the field of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. TISS has Data centers and IT Service Management Centre (Software development section) to develop and manage all application required. The institute is currently looking for bright candidates to work with IT Services Management Centre for managing the software development and change request in the applications.
Job Title: Web and UI Designer/ Jr. Software Developer/ System Administrator
Employment Type: Contractual position
Qualifications/ Skill and Experience Required/ Salary:
Web and UI Designer
- Qualifications: BE/ B.Tech BE/ B.Tech
- Skill and Experience required:
- Excellent knowledge of web markup including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Ability to build responsive webpages
- Knowledge of Bootstrap and a design language like material design
- Good eye for asthetics: layout grid systems, colour theory and typography
- Good understanding of UX principles and UI Development process
- Minimum 1 year of experience in above mentioned skill
- Salary: Rs. 30,000/- to 40,000/- (consolidated salary per month)
Jr. Software Developer
- Qualification: Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Engg./Science/Application or equivalent with minimum of 55% of aggregate marks.
- Skills and Experience Required:
- Fresher’s can also apply
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming and design patterns.
- Good to have knowledge of Django.
- Good to have knowledge of Git or any other version control system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Salary (consolidate salary per month): Rs. 20,000/- to 25,000/-
- Qualifications: B.E./B.Tech. Computer Engineering or Science (Preferably with linux administration certification – Redhat) with minimum of 55% of aggregate marks.
- Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 3 years of relevance experience in handling data center. A hands on understanding of a GNU/Linux distribution preferably Debian or Ubuntu.
- Strong command of the BASH shell commands, at least one shell based editor preferably vim or emacs. Strong understanding and command of the GNU/Linux user/group/other permissions and ownership at PAM and structures, units and divisions at LDAP levels.
- Strong understanding and command of the GNU/Linux ext3/ext4 file system and hierarchies, Shell scripting, along with minor sed and awk skills is a bonus
- Sound knowledge and experience of Apache, SSH(D), SAMBA, LDAP, Cyrus IMAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Round Cube administration and deployment
- Handle the hosting environment including routine updates and planning & management of longer-term infrastructure upgrades. Management of the storage infrastructure including backups and general IT maintenance
- Software management (updates and configuration; scripting & automation) of a live hosting infrastructure. Manage the Data Center and Data Redundancy centre and Servers in Cloud Environment.
- Experienced in source code management tools (prefer Gitlab). Understand HA,DR, Auto scaling and Self Healing methods for enterprise web platforms. Experience in Container technology, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience using and build pipelines using tools such as Jenkins/Code Build/Code Deploy/Code Pipeline. Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes or OpenShift, Jenkins-CI, Gitlab/Gitlab-CI. Support CI/CD tooling for technical teams to be able to build and deploy using pipelines.
- Proxy, AWS, BIND, NGINX and Cloud Security.
- Salary (consolidate salary per month): Rs. 35,000/- to 45,000/-
Job Location: Mumbai, TISS
Apply Mode: Email
College Website URL: https://tiss.edu/
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may email with subject as the position applied for and attach a copy of your Resume along with certificate copies in PDF format to following mail Id
- The above positions will be filled on contract basis for a period of one year which may be extended based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of the institute.
Email: [email protected]
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai
For More Details (Read carefully): : Click Below