Teaching Faculty Recruitment 2021 Job vacancy notification announced by Tata Institute of Social Sciences – Counsellor, Saksham Pravaah Jobs for 2021-2022 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply through E-Mail on or before 16th May 2021.
Date Posted: 6th May 2021
Hiring Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Organization Profile: Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. Saksham which means “Capable” or “Self- reliant” in Sanskrit is a TISS project that implements counselling services for Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients in collaboration with the Mumbai District Tuberculosis (TB) Control Society (MDTCS). The programme supported by the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria was initiated in August 2014.
Job Title: Counselor, Saksham Pravaah
Employment Type: Full Time
Qualification: Post graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration. MSW in HR will not be considered.
Duration : Till March 2024
Terms of Reference for the position of Counselors, Saksham
- Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counselling services and provide regular counselling to ensure treatment adherence.
- Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow up counselling
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at community level
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS
Preference will be given to local candidates and selected candidates will have to work in the Government District TB Centre and undertake home visits in the community.
Essential skills and other requirements:
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health related counselling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills – written as well as spoken – in English, Hindi and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
- Local candidates will be preferred.
- Vasai-Virar Municipal Corporation (VVMC) (Maharashtra),
- Mysore (Karnataka)
Pay Scale: Rs. 17,000 – Rs. 20,000/- per month.
Apply Mode: Email
Last Date: 16th May 2021
Organization Website: http://www.tiss.edu/
How to Apply:
- Interested and Eligible candidates application may send the following documents by e-mail along with the following subject line as ‘Counselor, (District name)– Saksham Pravaah’
- A Cover Letter (Mention the district applying for)
- Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview.
Email: [email protected]
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Ratnagiri, PCMC, Kalyan,
Vasai-Virar MC (Maharashtra)
For More Details (Read carefully):