Teaching Faculty Recruitment 2023 Job vacancy notification announced by Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology – Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor Jobs. Eligible candidates may apply Online & Post.
Date Posted: 3rd November 2023
Hiring Organization: Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology
Organization Profile: Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology started its journey on October 20, 1995, under Haryana State Legislative Act No. 17 of 1995 at Hisar, the Haryana State of India to impart education on the frontiers of Technology, Pharmacy, Environmental Studies, Non-conventional Energy Sources, Mass Media and Management Studies.
- Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor
Employment Type: Full Time
- Associate Professor:
- English & Foreign Languages
- Food Technology
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Assistant Professor:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- English & Foreign Languages
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Food Technology
- Guru Jambheswer Ji Maharaj
Institute of Religious Studies
- Haryana School of Business
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Printing Technology
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
(i) A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/ relevant disciplines.
(ii) A Master’s Degree with atleast 55% marks(or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed).
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/ research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institutions/ industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master’s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Backward Classes ‘A’ & ‘B’ (Non-creamy Layer) of Haryana/Differently-abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment.The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SELT/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in Universities subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/funded/sported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency. The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
(iii) A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
(iv) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid.
(v) The Ph.D. degree shall be a mandatory qualification for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
Job Location: Hisar, Haryana
Pay Scale: As Per Norms
1. Associate Professor: Academic Pay Level-13 A
2. Assistant Professor: Academic Pay Level-10
Apply Mode: online
Last Date: 19th April 2023 upto 5.00 pm
Organization Website: www.gjust.ac.in
How to Apply:
- The online application form is available on the University website. The fee of Rs.1,000/- for unreserved category candidates, Rs.500/- for female candidates of un-reserved category, Rs.250/- for SC/ BCA/BCB/ EWS/ ESM and no fee for PwD category candidates is applicable. The fee will be deposited through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. The Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card transaction charges will be extra as applicable. The concession in application fee is applicable to the candidates from Haryana State only
- The online application forms are available on the University website w.e.f. 31.10.2023.
- Last date for payment of fee through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card is 18.11.2023 upto 05:00 p.m. and the candidate may fill their application form online upto 12:00 (midnight) on 18.11.2023. The application form once submitted/ locked will not be edited.
- Fee once deposited is neither transferable, nor refundable/ adjustable.
- A copy of the printout of the Application Form alongwith self-attested legible/ visible/ readable photocopies of the certificate of age proof/ detailed marks certificates(DMCs) (semester/yearwise)/certificate of Ph.D. Course Work/ M.Phil./ degrees/ experience certificates, etc. as claimed by the candidate should reach to the office of Assistant Registrar (Faculty), Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar – 125001, Haryana latest by 21.11.2023.
Link to apply: Click Here
The office of Assistant Registrar (Faculty),
Guru Jambheshwar University of
Science & Technology,
For More Details(Read Carefully): Click Here