Faculty Recruitment 2020 notification announced by the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Howrah, West Bengal – Temporary Faculty Jobs. Eligible candidates may apply within 18th October 2020
Date Posted: 16th October 2020
Hiring Organization: Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology
Organization Profile: Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur owes its origin to the erstwhile Bengal Engineering College, the history of which goes to the nineteenth century when industries in the sense we understand today, were practically absent. Prompted by the idea of meeting the requirement of trained engineering personnel for the Public Works Department, the then council of Education, Bengal, decided to open Civil Engineering classes and a Professorship in Civil Engineering was created at Hindu College, Calcutta, in the year 1843-44. A College of Engineering was started by the name of Civil Engineering College on 24th November 1856, in the premises of the Writers Building, Calcutta.
Job Title: Temporary Faculty
Employment Type: Contract
Departments having vacancy and qualification:
- Department of Mining Engineering :
- Date of Interview: 21.10.2020 Time: 10.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
- Number of Temporary Faculty – 02
- Area of Specialization: Geoinformatics
- Essential Qualification: Masters in Geography/Geology/ Geoinformatics or B.Tech. (any discipline) with M.Tech in Geoinformatics, Ph.D. in application of GIS and Remote Sensing.
- Subjects to be taught:
Theory: Fundamentals of Remote Sensing, Basic Geographic Concepts, Fundamentals of Cartography, Geodesy, and GNSS.
Sessional: Fundamentals of Geographical Information System Practical, Fundamentals of Remote Sensing Practical, Fundamentals of Cartography practical, Geodesy, and GNSS practical.
- School of Management Sciences :
- Date of Interview: 21.10.2020 Time: 2.30 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Number of Temporary Faculty – 02
- Area of Specialization :
(1) Human Resource Management – 01
(2) Finance and Accounting – 01
- Essential Qualifications:
(1) Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in a relevant area from a reputed institute/university with a postgraduate degree (preferably MBA or any other equivalent degree) in human resource management.
(2) Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in a relevant area from a reputed institute/university with a postgraduate degree (preferably MBA or any other equivalent degree) in finance.
- Experience: At least, 1 year of teaching experience in a relevant area is desirable.
- Subjects to be taught:
(1) Human Resource Management; Performance, Compensation and Reward Management; Advanced Human Resource Management; Corporate Human Resource Planning and HRD Audit; Business Environment and Legal Systems; Industrial Relations and Labour Laws; Strategic Management.
(2) Managerial Accounting; Financial Management; Company Accounts and Corporate Taxation and Tax Planning; Strategic Financial Management and Security Analysis and Portfolio Management; Financial Markets, Financial Institutions and Services; International Financial Managemen
- The candidate should have a bright academic background having a Ph.D degree with first class (minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale) at both Bachelor’s and Master’s level in the relevant discipline. Preferences will be given to candidates having outstanding academic records, publications, patents, industrial experiences, post-doctoral / UG-PG teaching/research experiences etc.
- The age of the candidate must not exceed 60 years on the date of the interview
- The appointment shall be for the current semester only. It may be extended upto another semester on the basis of his/her performance at the end of the current semester.
- The temporary faculty member has to take any classes (both theoretical and practical), as assigned by the respective Head of the Department. She/He should also take active participation in development of labs, research projects. She/He should also undertake any administrative loads as assigned by the Head of the Department or the Institute Authority.
- The selected candidate should be well conversed in online teaching practices. For this purpose, the candidate will be required to arrange the necessary electronic devices by himself / herself. In case of working from home, the charges for Internet connectivity will be reimbursed by the institute on receipt of actual expenses, subject to a maximum limit as decided by the Institute Authority. Otherwise he / she has to come to the institute to share the relevant electronic devices available in the concerned department.
- The temporary faculty member shall work full time taking academic/administrative responsibilities at par with regular faculty members. She/He shall be entitled to a privilege leave of 15 days per semester in addition to the institute holidays. Any other leave is subject to the approval of the Director. A temporary faculty shall not be treated as a vacation staff and has to take classes during summer and winter terms.
- No accommodation will be provided by the institute.
- A candidate currently employed in a full time job shall have to submit a No Objection Certificate from the employer at the time of interview.
- Reservation rules of the Government of India shall be strictly followed.
- The Institute may or may not fill up all the posts declared.
- The decision of the selection committee shall be final regarding the recruitment of candidates
Job Location: Howrah, West Bengal
Pay Scale: The remuneration of the temporary faculty shall be a fixed consolidated amount of Rs.75,000.00 per month with no other allowances.
Apply Mode: Online interview/Online
Last Date: 18th October 2020
Organization Website : www.iiests.ac.in
How to Apply: The candidate should submit a brief one page CV including the current residential address, Email Id and contact no. within 18.10.2020 through the email:
Submit a set of self-attested hard copies of testimonials. The signed pdf documents of original testimonials should also be submitted through the email:
Email Address to Apply: [email protected]
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology,
Shibpur, Howrah-711 103
Reference: Official Notification