Research Recruitment vacancy notification announced by the Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur, Tamilnadu – Junior Research Fellow for 2020-2021 academic calendar year. Eligible candidates may apply within 4th May 2021
Date Posted: 22nd April 2021
Hiring Organization: Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur
Organization Profile: The Government of India founded the Central University of Tamil Nadu, along with eight other Central Universities, through an Act of Parliament in 2009. It is part of the greater role that the Central Government assumed in making higher education accessible to aspirants from the weaker sections of the society. With eight students in M.A. English Studies, the university started functioning from November 2009, at the Collectorate Annexe at Thiruvarur, 60 kilometers to the east of Thanjavur.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
Project Title: Virtual and in vitro screening of spiropyrrolidine derivatives and diverset core library small molecules to identify SARS-CoV-2 entry, fusion and protease inhibitors: An anti- COVID -19 drug discovery and development program
Sponsor: DBT sponsored
Employment Type: Contract
- Essential Qualification: MSc in / Microbiology/ Life Science/ Biochemistry/ Molecular biology/ Biotechnology or equivalent with minimum 55% with NET/GATE/ICMR-JRF/DBTJRF/ CUCET.
- Desirable: To carry out the research work in the field of cell biology, molecular virology,
protein expression, molecular biology. Candidates with good experience of molecular biology, cell culture, r-DNA technology/protein expression, will be preferred.
- Candidate should complete their PG/Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- Commitment towards work
Job Location: Thiruvarur, Tamilnadu
Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- (for NET/ GATE/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-BET/ CUCET qualified) + 8% HRA
Tenure of Position: 1 year, extendable annually till the completion of the project period, subject to satisfactory performance.
Age limit: 28 years (to be relaxed as per rules of Govt. of India)
Last date of Application: 4th April, 2021
Intimation of shortlisted candidates: 5th May, 2021
Date of Interview (virtual mode): 6th May 2021
Organization Website: www.cutn.ac.in
How to Apply:
- Applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated curriculum vitae (CV) with list of publications to Dr. D. Siva Sundara Kumar with subject “Application for Junior Research Fellow” should reach the undersigned by 4th May , 2021, 5.00 pm.
- After scrutiny of applications, eligible candidates will be called for interview only through email. The shortlisted candidates will be informed to attend the interview on 6th May, 2021 (Time: 11 am) through virtual mode.
- If called for interview, the candidate will have to bring
- Dully filled application in the provided format;
- Two passport size photos;
- Original and attested photocopies of all certificates, degrees, mark sheets (10th class onwards);
- Two recommendation letters (one from the present supervisor) and other relevant documents.
- Interviews will be held at the Department of Microbiology, Central University of Tamilnadu
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Email ID: [email protected]
Dr. D.Siva Sundara Kumar (Principal Investigator, DBT project)
Department of Microbiology,
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Thiruvarur 610 005, Tamil Nadu.
For More Details (Read carefully): Click Here