Research recruitment vacancy notification announced by the Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur, Tamilnadu for 2020-2021 academic calendar year. Eligible candidates may apply on or before 24th October 2020.
Date Posted: 17th October 2020
Hiring Organization: Central University of Tamil Nadu
Organization Profile: The Government of India founded the Central University of Tamil Nadu, along with eight other Central Universities, through an Act of Parliament in 2009. It is part of the greater role that the Central Government assumed in making higher education accessible to aspirants from the weaker sections of the society. With eight students in M.A. English Studies, the university started functioning from November 2009, at the Collectorate Annexe at Thiruvarur, 60 kilometers to the east of Thanjavur.
Job Title: Senior Research Fellow
Project Title: Characterization of negative immune checkpoints in MR-1 restricted mucosal
associated invariant CD161++CD8+ TCR Vα7.1 T-cell (MAIT) phenotypes and potentials for
use of negative immune checkpoint inhibitors for improvement of functional MAIT cell
responses in HBV infection.
Sponsor: SERB-DST sponsored
Employment Type: Contract
Department: Life science
- MSc (Life Sciences/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Virology/ Immunology/ Biotechnology)/ M.Tech. (Biotechnology)with atleast two years of experience in microbiological and/or immunological techniques with relevant publications in peer-reviewed national/ international journals.
- Desirable: A pass in NET/GATE examination. Candidates with experience in basic
microbiological, serological immunological techniques with publications in the field. Handson experience with PBMCs, flow cytometry, bioplex-Luminex cytokine/proteomics array and a strong background in biostatistics will be given preference.
- Candidate should complete their PG/Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- Commitment towards work
Job Location: Thiruvarur, Tamilnadu
Pay Scale: Rs. 35,000/+ 8% HRA
Tenure of Position: 3 years
Apply Mode: Email /Online interview
Last date: 24th October 2020
Interview date: 28th October 2020 at 10.00 AM
Organization Website: www.cutn.ac.in
How to Apply:
1. Filled in application in the format attached, covering letter, detailed curriculum vitae, reprints of relevant publication(s) (if any)
2. Original and attested photocopies of all documents, certificates, degree and mark sheets
3. Original and attested copy of GATE score card/ UGC-CSIR JRF/NET examination results (if any)
4. Copies of certificates/testimonials/documents which the candidate may wish to submit for the perusal of the selection committee. All scanned copy of documents to be sent via email on or before 24.10.2020 (Saturday) by 5pm IST.
Application Form: Download here
Email ID: [email protected]
Prof E M Shankar PhD FRSB FRCPath (Lond)
Infection Biology, Department of Life Sciences
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Thiruvarur 610 005,
Reference: Official Notification