Faculty Recruitment 2021 notification announced by Shiv Nadar University, Chennai, Tamilnadu – Teaching Assistant. Eligible candidates may apply online.
Date Posted: 31st March 2021
Hiring Organization: Shiv Nadar University
Organization Profile: Shiv Nadar University Chennai
- A global university focused on innovation, research, academic excellence, creativity, and development.
- The first private State University legislated in Tamil Nadu after 90 Years.
Job Title: Teaching Assistants
Employment Type: Full Time
Qualification and Experience: M. Com with distinction and with a minimum of 2 years experience. Fresh candidates will be considered if they have an outstanding academic record. Those interested in pursuing doctoral studies can be considered for a part-time TA position.
Role and responsibilities:
- Attends all classroom sessions and records notes from in-class lectures. For web-based or hybrid classes, this includes assisting the Adjunct faculty with online content and interaction.
- Evaluates student performance, including grading exams, quizzes, assignments, and papers.
- Meets with the course instructor and assists in determining grading criteria. Tracks and records individual and overall course grades in multiple formats, including but not limited to entering grade results in spreadsheets or on the online learning management system. Provides and records student grades for Early Warning, Midterm Reporting, and Final Grades according to established deadlines.
- Tracks and records student class attendance.
- Maintains course site, including but not limited to posting assignments, editing and posting notes and/or slide shows for student access, and entering grades as assigned.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, attendance, and course material.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates review sessions for exams as requested by the course instructor.
- Delivers and retrieves books to/from the campus facilities for course reserves and/or other reasons as assigned.
- Meets regularly with instructors to discuss assignments and classroom issues.
- Periodically designs online content as assigned by the course instructor.
- Performs other academic and administrative duties as assigned by the course instructor.
Job Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu
Pay Scale: As Per Norms
Apply Mode: Email
Last Date: As soon as possible
Organization Website: https://shivnadaruniversitychennai.edu.in/
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply through Email
Email Address to Apply: [email protected]
Shiv Nadar University Chennai,
Old Mahabalipuram Road,
Kalavakkam – 603 110
Tamil Nadu, India.
Reference: Official Advertisement