Hiring Organization: Shiv Nadar University, Chennai
Organization Profile: Shiv Nadar University Chennai. A global university focused on innovation, research, academic excellence, creativity, and development. The first private State University was legislated in Tamil Nadu after 90 Years.
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Computer Science and Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, perform skilled duties in the testing, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of equipment in the Computer/Electronics/HPC Laboratory; maintain and repair computer network, and perform related work as required, assist in laboratory classes as per instructions.
SCOPE: The Computer/Electronics/HPC Laboratory Assistant performs technical work in the maintenance, repair, calibration and installation of various computing and electronic equipment; distributes and maintains laboratory test equipment for students; ensures efficient operation of computer network; and arranges for repair and calibration of major equipment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates and designs circuits and fabricates electronic test equipment.
- Trains and guides students to assure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and laboratory; distributes parts to students for use in laboratory exercises. Assisting students and lab In-charge in holding lab classes.
- Troubleshoots, upgrades, maintains computer hardware and network server; develops and maintains documentation.
- Plans and schedules software upgrades; tests, debugs, configures, and documents software as required to meet user needs.
- Installs, administers, and monitors network operating system software.
- Loads and configures software utilities or applications used to facilitate the operation of computer.
- Ensures that users have access to network server; implements security precautions and documents procedures; provides assistance to users on the computer network.
- Establishes and maintains computer laboratory procedures, filing /record keeping, keeping track of equipment / Inventory and general up-keep of Lab.
- Installs new equipment and modifies current installations using various manual and power tools such as hand drill, drill press, etc.
- Orders and maintains inventory of replacement parts for electronic equipment; maintains warranty, service, and repair records; works with vendors to obtain pricing and availability of needed parts; performs quality checks on newly delivered equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Maintains a fabrication area for the Electronics Construction class; assists in the maintenance of Physics and Engineering Lab.
- Trains and directs the work of student assistants.
- To see that the lab is clean and tidy
- To check the equipment before the commencement of the practical exams and keep everything ready for conducting the exams.
- Maintaining the students’ entry logbook
- Maintaining the student’s complaint/suggestion register
- Lab equipment and consumable registers should be maintained
- Listing and displaying the protocols to be followed in the lab.
- Any other work assigned by the Head of the Department
- Perform skilled work in the maintenance and repair of computer and networking equipment.
- Perform skilled work in the repair, maintenance, and adjustment of various specialized electronic equipment.
- Use precision tools skillfully;
- Keep current of applicable technology; follow and understand oral and written directions.
- Train others in the use of varied equipment; maintain accurate records.
- Train and direct the work of student assistants; maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Electromechanical theory and practices; tools, materials, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of electronic equipment; tasks associated with LAN/WAN administration.
- Safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic systems and equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates/
Education: B.Sc / Diploma in Computer Science / Electrical and Electronics Engg / Electronics and Communication Engg
PREFERRED: Completion of Electronics Technology certificate program/Computer Networks Certifications.
Experience: 2 – 5 Years experience
- Preferred two years of experience in the repair, maintenance, and operation of electronic equipment. Two years of experience in the operation and management of Windows NT Server / Linux Server network preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items, bending, standing, climbing, or walking. Position is required to use manual tools and power equipment common in the maintenance and repair of electronic equipment.
Job Location: Kalavakkam, Chennai, Tamilnadu
Apply Mode: Online
Apply through the Link: https://forms.gle/D4VhFkb1JfFwJCFp8