Hiring Organization: Shiv Nadar University
Organization Profile: Shiv Nadar University Chennai
- A global university focused on innovation, research, academic excellence, creativity, and development.
- The first private State University legislated in Tamil Nadu after 90 Years.
Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Departments having vacancy :
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends all classroom sessions and records notes from in-class lectures. For web-based or hybrid classes, this includes assisting the Adjunct faculty with online content and interaction.
- Evaluates student performance, including grading exams, quizzes, assignments, and papers. Meets with course instructor and assists in determining grading criteria. Tracks and records individual and overall course grades in multiple formats, including but not limited to entering grade results in spreadsheets or on the online learning management system. Provides and records student grades for Early Warning, Midterm Reporting, and Final Grades according to established deadlines.
- Tracks and records student class attendance.
- Maintains course site, including but not limited to posting assignments, editing and posting notes and/or slide shows for student access, and entering grades as assigned.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, attendance, and course material.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates review sessions for exams as requested by course instructor.
- Delivers and retrieves books to/from the campus facilities for course reserves and/or other reasons as assigned.
- Meets regularly with instructor to discuss assignments and classroom issues.
- Periodically designs online content as assigned by the course instructor.
- Performs other academic and administrative duties as assigned by course instructor.
Masters in the relevant subject with a minimum of 2 years experience. Fresh candidates will be considered if they have an outstanding academic record. Those interested in pursuing doctoral studies can be considered for part-time TA position.
Job Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu
Pay Scale: Remuneration is commensurate with qualification and experience.
Apply Mode: Online/Email
Last Date: Within 10 days
Organization Website: https://shivnadaruniversitychennai.edu.in/
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply online through the following link
To Apply: Online submission
Email Address to Apply: [email protected]
Shiv Nadar University Chennai,
Old Mahabalipuram Road,
Kalavakkam – 603 110
Tamil Nadu, India.
Reference: Official Advertisement