The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad. Currently the Institute offers 50 Masters’ Degree programmes and 18 M. Phil. and Ph. D. programmes in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas of Social Work, Social Sciences, Education, Public Policy, Public Health, Human Resource Management, Labour Studies, Media and Culture, Applied Psychology, Disaster Studies, and Habitat Studies. BA degree programs in Social Sciences and Social Work are also offered from its offcampuses. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and culture of the Institute facilitating strong linkages between teaching, research, field action and dissemination. The Institute provides significant space and resources for basic and policy research and nurtures multiple research collaborations with some of the best universities and institutions across the globe. TISS provides work opportunities to scholars committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action.
The Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education (CETE) (formerly Centre of Education, Innovation and Action Research) is an Independent Centre at TISS Mumbai which was established in 2015 to engage with and promote innovation in school curriculum, teacher education and higher education curriculum and pedagogy. The Centre incubates and promotes innovations that address the needs of India education to raise quality and standards and relevant to the developing world, and the innovative use of new technologies and media. The Centre is actively engaged in research, development, teaching, field action/action research and advocacy and offers opportunities for national and international collaboration, innovation and excellence in teaching and research. The Centre offers MA Education, BEd MEd (Integrated, NCTE recognised) and MPhil and PhD in Education. It also
offers short term, blended and online courses and programmes: The Reflective Teaching with ICT for inservice teachers and teacher educators and the Post Graduate Certificate in Education Perspectives and Research for Teacher Educators and Administrators.
The Centre’s flagship action research programme, the Connected Learning Initiative (CLIx), is focussed on the development of and use of technology and new media in school curriculum and teacher professional development. CLIx was awarded the UNESCO-King Hamad Prize for the Use of ICTs in Education (2017 edition) also Open Education Awards for Excellence Resources, Tools and Practices under the category of Open Collaboration in 2019 from Open Education Consortium www.clix.tiss.edu
Applications are invited for one post of “Research Associate” to be filled on contract basis till 31st March 2022, which may be extended based on performance, review and need of the project.
Job Description: CLIx involves large-scale field implementation where CETE works directly and in collaboration with implementation partners. Field Support Person will be working with the implementation team primarily on implementation of teacher professional development, student module implementation, and research & documentation.
Position: Research Associate
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Engage with Education Technology based initiative for government schools and teacher professional development
2. Work closely with the Implementation leads and coordinate with other groups of the project to plan, manage, execute, monitor, report and document and support the process of field implementation in their districts
3. Research and documentation on various themes of field intervention
4. Liaise with government departments for implementation, expansion, collaborations
5. Contribute and participate in orientation programmes that may be held in connection with the initiative and would help the on-ground implementation.
6. To be flexible and responsive to ongoing field implementation needs and issues, and resolve them in a timely manner, in collaboration with the state team.
7. Coordinate/ organize orientations/programs, as necessary.
8. Take up capacity building or teaching or other assignments as may be decided by the State lead.
Qualifications: Post-graduate (MA in Education, MA in Development Study and MA/MSc in
Public Policy) or in equivalent field/discipline
- Interest in ICT in Education, MOOCs
- Attention to details
- Willingness to work in uncertain/dynamic environments
- Knowledge of Statistics and Data Analysis
Experience (3 years +): Working with field teams involving coordination etc, preferably in school education and teacher training
Skills & Competencies:
1. Knowledge of field issues in education and familiarity with technology use in education
2. Project management and Ability to support field teams and partners
3. Written and verbal skills in Hindi & English. Fluency in Hindi speaking is must
4. Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations
5. Ability to undertake extensive field travel and for extended periods of time
6. Knowledge and familiarity with technology and education technology and large-scale reform
7. Working knowledge of Word Processor, Spreadsheet, and Presentation
Remuneration: Gross monthly remuneration for the position will be Rs 40,000 -45,000. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Location: Chhattisgarh (Frequent travel to intervention districts/schools of Chhattisgarh and Mumbai/Bangalore offices)
Application fee: The application fee of Rs 1000/- to be paid online. The SC/ST/PWD candidates are required to pay fees of Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women candidates are waived from the payment of application fees. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax the qualification of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
- The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
- Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
- The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
- No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
- The candidate under employment must bring ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to appear for presentation/interview.
- No TA/DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
- In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
Application process and interview:
1. Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute website www.tiss.edu.
2. Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of online application and keep it for future reference.
3. Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail to appear for the online interview to be held tentatively between the third week of June 2021.
4. Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail to appear for the online interview.
The last date for receipt of online application: 13th June 2021
Selected Candidates are expected to join within 15 days of their selection.
For Detailed Advertisement: Clickhere