Faculty recruitment 2021 Job vacancy notification announced by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab for the post of Teaching Faculty and Non-Teaching Faculty. Eligible candidates may apply online and send the application by email/ post within 2nd August 2021.
Date Posted: 21st July 2021
Hiring Organization: Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
Organization Profile: Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. RGNUL started functioning from its Headquarters-Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala w.e.f. 26 May 2006.
Job Title: Teaching and Non-Teaching Faculty
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Research Associate
- Legal Advisor cum Research Associate
- Administrative Officer
- Assistant Registrar
Employment Type: Contract
Departments having vacancy:
- Professor: A. (i) An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with the evidence of the published work with a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120.
2. (ii) A minimum of Ten years of teaching experience in a university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
B. An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years‟ experience.
- Associate Professor: (1) Good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines;
(2) 55% of marks, or equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed at the Master‟s Degree level.
(3) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University / College or in an Accredited Research Institution/industry with evidence of published work and minimum of seven publications per books and/or research/policy papers in peer reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of at least Seventy Five (75), as per UGC norms.
- Assistant Professor: (i) A good academic record with minimum 55% of marks at the master‟s level in the related subject; and
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
(a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
(b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
(c) Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
(d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
(e) Candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
- Research Associate: LL.M. / Post Graduate in concerned subject (55%), on the fixed salary of Rs. 50,000/- per month with at least One Year of Research/Project Experience will be essential.
Specialization in the field of :
• Corporate / Business / Company Law / Taxation Law
• Banking / Insurance & Insolvency Law
• Criminal Law / Criminal Justice / Victim Justice / Empirical Legal Research
• IPR / Constitutional Law / Environmental Law
- Legal Advisor cum Research Associate: LL.M. / Post Graduate in concerned subject (55%), on the fixed salary of Rs. 50,000/- per month with at least One Year of Research/Project Experience will be essential. Experience of legal practice of at least 5 years preferably in educational/service matters.
- Advisor: Should be an Academician/Professional in the field of Forensic Science with at least five years experience teaching & Research/Lab work in recognized institutions. The candidate having Doctorate Degree will be preferred. Having experience in Criminalistics and Forensic Science Laboratory. Collaborated with Central Forensic Science Laboratory.
- Administrative Officer: Good academic record plus Master degree with at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale (5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST category.
- Assistant Registrar: Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC 7pt scale along with a good academic record as laid down by the UGC.
- Stenographer: Candidate should have passed B.A. or Second Class Intermediate / Senior Secondary or 10+2 or First Class Matriculation of a recognized University / Board with a minimum speed of 100 (hundred) word per minute in English Short-hand. The candidate should be able to transcribe the matter at the speed of 15 (fifteen) word per minute Candidate should have atleast 3 (three) years experience as Steno-Typist / Stenographer and competent to work on Computer.
- Candidate should complete UG/PG. in relevant discipline
- Commitment towards work
- Candidate should have Good Communication Skill
Job Location: Patiala, Punjab
- Professor: Grade: Rs. 37400-67000+AGP 10000
- Associate Professor: Grade: Rs. 37400-67000+AGP 9000
- Assistant Professor: Grade: Rs. 15600-39100+AGP 6000
- Research Associate: With Fixed Salary of Rs. 50,000/-
- Legal Advisor cum Research Associate: With Fixed Salary of Rs. 50,000/-
- Advisor: Consolidated Approximately Rs. 50,000/-
- Administrative Officer: Consolidated Approximately Rs. 60,000/-
- Assistant Registrar: Consolidated Approximately Rs. 60,000/-
- Stenographer: Consolidated Approximately Rs. 35,000/-
Apply Mode: Email / Post
Organization Website: https://www.rgnul.ac.in/
How to Apply: The duly filled scanned copy in PDF format of application form along with e-receipt of State Bank Collect Payment must be sent to the following email address before 02.08.2021. [email protected]
All the printed applications form along with draft/proof of online payment (SBI Collect Ref. No.) of the prescribed fee may also be sent to the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Sidhuwal, Bhadson Road, Patiala – 147 006 (Punjab) India on or before 02.08.2021.
Note: The payment can be made through SBI collect. Fee for teaching Post Rs. 750/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/SAP Categories) and for Non-Teaching Posts application fee of Rs. 750/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/SAP) and the application form fee for the post of Stenographer Rs. 500/- (Rs. 300/- for SC/SAP Categories). Forms fee is excluding GST.
Link to apply:
Teaching Positions – https://www.rgnul.ac.in/page.aspx?page=51
Non-Teaching Positions – https://www.rgnul.ac.in/page.aspx?page=51
Link for payment Teaching/Non-Teaching – https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect
RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LAW, PUNJAB
Sidhuwal – Bhadson Road, Patiala (PUNJAB)
Phone No. 0175-2391600, 601, 602, 603, 604
Fax No. 0175-2391690
For Detailed Faculty job Advertisement (Read Carefully): Click Here