Teaching Jobs vacancy notification announced by Presidency University , Bengaluru, Karnataka for the 2022-2023 calendar year. Eligible candidates may apply through email.
Date Posted: 20th May 2022
Hiring Organization: Presidency University – Presidency Launchpad Association:
About Presidency Launchpad Association: Presidency Launchpad Association (PLA) is a
Section 8 not-for-profit organisation. This company is registered towards identifying, mentoring and scaling up the technology driven and innovation based start-ups to scale across a wide- spectrum of thrust areas with funding, infrastructure, mentorship, industry networking, resources and training. PLA is aiming to attract (Student, Alumni, Faculty & Staff and External) startups, angel investors, VCs, bankers, mentors, coaches, successful entrepreneurs, thought leaders in various areas, experts from industry & industry bodies, corporate MDs, CXOs, Professionals, CAs, service providers, IP Consultants, Lawyers, Technologists, Domain experts etc. towards providing a platform for the budding entrepreneurs. Major thrust area of PLA is Industry 4.0.
About Presidency University, Bengaluru & Group: Presidency University was established in the year 2015 with approval of UGC, Ministry of Education, Government of India. Presidency University was established with the support the of the Government of Karnataka as State Private University under the section 22 of UGC Act. The University offers UG, PG and Ph.D. programmes in under the various Schools Namely Engineering, Law, Design, Management, Information Science, Commerce and Media Studies. 14000+ Students pursuing their studies at Present.
Presidency Group of Institutions includes 8 Schools, a College and a University. PGI as a whole I in the Academic Field for more than 40 Years.
Positions available: Presidency Launchpad, which is functioning from Presidency University
campus, is looking for dynamic professionals for the following positions. Salary will not be a
constraint for right candidate.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Incubation Manager
- Technical Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- Chief Executive Officer: Any Post Graduation with at-least 10+ Years of Experience at a Senior Level in Entrepreneurship / Incubator Ecosystem
- Incubation Manager: MBA degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience at a senior level in Entrepreneurship / Incubator Ecosystem
- Technical Manager: Master degree in Engineering & Technology with 3 – 5 years of Experience in the sectors connected to Industry 4.0 in Entrepreneurship / Incubator Ecosystem
- Chief Executive Officer: Ph.D. in Business / Management Studies or equivalent. Management experience in industry or in the public sector. Exposure in Industry 4.0
- Incubation Manager: Management experience in industry or in the public sector. Exposure in Industry 4.0
- Technical Manager: M.E./M.Tech/PhD in Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology Management experience in industry or in the public sector.
1. Chief Executive Officer (CEO):
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must hold an MBA or PhD or its equivalent from a recognized accredited and reputed Institute/ University, and have a minimum of 10 years of experience at a senior level in the management of technology-based business incubators. Management experience in industry or in the public sector would be an added advantage. Knowledge about the Industry 4.0 sector would be an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the CEO are:
1. To drive the strategy and implementation of a vibrant and sustainable Incubator.
a. The CEO in consultation with the Board of Directors will develop a vision, mission and goals
of the organisation and implement a strategy plan for 3-5 years to build a sustainable
incubation Centre, monitor and evaluate milestones; develop a high performance team.
Be knowledgeable about the current startup ecosystem with the developments in the core
areas of relevance to incubators and startups.
b. The CEO is expected to give direction to the organisation towards establishing it as a key
player in the Incubation/Acceleration space.
c. Driving the incubator to excellence with high rankings from government.
d. The CEO must be a visionary to make the Company Self-Sustainable.
2. To lead on bids for internal and external funds for entrepreneurial activities (eg:-government grants, private investments, coincubation, accelerator etc)
a. Raise and manage funds through Government grants, CSR, Industry to ensure financial
sustainability of the Centre.
3. To drive a growing stream of income generation to contribute to operational costs (training, workshop, consultancy).
a. Manage efficient and seamless operations; define policies and roll-out processes for
managing incubated startups; managing OPEX/CAPEX as per the budgets and present
timely reports to the BoD, BoA and other stakeholders.
4. The CEO will be responsible in identifying and attracting startups and entrepreneurs pertaining
to different sectors especially Industry 4.0 and help startups to grow and become successful.
5. The CEO will be responsible in onboarding a team of competent employees to implement and execute the activities planned.
a. Being a mentor and to recruit a network of mentors.
b. Become a mentor to startups, identify and recruit eminent mentors pertaining to different thrust areas and sectors.
6. Proactively identifying and delivering opportunities for start-ups to access the very best support from University regional and national communities – including advisors on business, legal, IP and investors.
a. Work closely with the faculty and students at Presidency, to help them incubate at the centre by steering their technologies/IP’s created towards commercialization and help them setup their startup ventures.
b. To design and organise delivery of a comprehensive programme of workshops, training and networking events for University ecosystem as well as for external crowd.
c. Enabling international tie-up and supporting the start-ups in international tie-ups and soft landing.
2. Incubation Manager
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must hold an MBA degree or its equivalent, from a recognized accredited and reputed Institute/ University, and have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience at a senior level in the management of technology-based business incubators. Management experience in industry or in the public sector would be an added advantage. Knowledge about the Industry 4.0 sector would be an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Work closely with the CEO to design, develop and run Incubation / Acceleration program.
● Develop and execute strategy for outreach, scouting, evaluating, selection and on-
boarding of quality and innovative startups. Overall planning the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubator.
● Plan various workshops/events/webinars for the Incubator, and execute the same with the help of team members and ensure close association with the faculty and students of the college.
● Be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various marketing channels
● Manage the day- to- day interaction with the Incubatees and provide continued strategic
guidance to entrepreneurs in areas such as business modelling, sales, and marketing,
financing, fundraising, overall strategy, operations etc.
● Responsible for gathering relevant information for any grant reporting and preparing and
submitting grant reports where required.
● Heading the Administration of the Incubator and any other activities which requires the
3. Technical Manager
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must hold an M.E / M.Tech. with experience in the Industry 4.0 sector or its equivalent, from a recognized accredited and reputed Institute/ University, and have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience at a senior level in the management of technology- based business incubators. Management experience in industry or in the public sector would be an added advantage. MTech/PhD in Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology will be highly preferred.
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Pay Scale: As per Norms
Apply Mode: E-Mail
Organization Website : www.presidencycollege.ac.in
Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560 064
Reference: Official Advertisement