Research Faculty Notification announced by National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi wanted Research Assistant. Eligible candidates can apply within 31st May 2021
Date Posted: 4th May 2021
Hiring Organization: National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Organization Profile: Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought after by both Indian and international organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programmes
Job Title: Research Assistant
Employment Type: Temporary
Project: Citizen Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) – CDG – Living Lab
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical and Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture, Economics, Development Studies or other closely related fields
· Should be a fresher/ recent graduate with 0-2 years of work experience
· Preferably, provide a dossier of relevant work experience by way of URLs, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Advanced skills in the MS office suite and data analysis-related software
· Strong analytical, conceptualization and communication skills, good understanding of market research techniques and data analytics
· Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners and authorities at different levels with an enthusiasm for digital marketing, technology and social impact
· Basic familiarity in multi-media presentation, graphics software would be preferred.
· Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be adept at time-management.
· Should be willing to work at the Institute on a full-time basis
Tenure of the Project: : 3-6months
Job Location: New Delhi
Remuneration and Experience Certificate:
Basis your qualifications and skill-sets, a consolidated amount up to₹ 15,000 per month, inclusive of local transport allowance and all taxes. In case an intern leaves before completion of the contract period or without handing over all work assigned by the team leader, he/she will not receive any work certificate.
Through the NIUA portal –
1. Submit CV and cover letter clearly mentioning the project’s name in the subject line.
2. Additionally, submit the following assignment as an attachment (.pdf/word file):
Please describe in 800 words “How India’s cities can better leverage technology to address current urban challenges?”
The written assignment will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Adherence to the timeline
2. Writing skills – grammar, clarity, structure
3. Research and use of data/ evidence
4. Problem solving and reasoning
Last Date to Apply:
Hiring is on a rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately within Monday, 31 May 2021
National Institute of Urban Affairs
Lodhi Road, New Delhi –110003
For More Details: Click Here