Research Recruitment 2021 notification announced by Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur, Maharashtra – JRF Jobs. Eligible candidates may apply through Email/ Postal Immediately
Date Posted: 15th May 2021
Hiring Organisation: Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) Nagpur
Organization Profile: Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (abbreviated VNIT Nagpur), also referred to as NIT Nagpur, formerly Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur (REC) and Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur (VRCE), is a premier public engineering and research institution in India. It is located in Nagpur, Maharashtra, in central India. The institute has been consistently ranked among the best fifteen engineering colleges in India. It was established in June 1960 by the Government of India and later named in honor of engineer, planner and statesman, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
Job Position: Junior Research Fellow
Project Title: “Highly Efficient and Reliable Solid State Transformer for Future Distribution Network with Renewable Energy Support”.
Department: Science and Technology
Sponsor: DST-GITA India-Taiwan S&T Cooperation
- M.Tech/M.E.in Electrical Engineering Department with specialization in Power Electronics/Electrical Drives/Power System/Control System or equivalent.
- Candidate should have qualified GATE in the past.
- Candidate should have experimental knowledge in the hardware and controller design of power electronic converters. First division in UG and PG will be given preference.
- Proficient in MATLAB, PSIM, PCB Design Software and Microcontroller/Digital Signal Controller/FPGA.
- Good analytical ability and competent in writing skills.
Fellowship: First two years Rs. 31,000 p.m. (Consolidated) and Third year Rs. 35,000 (consolidated). HRA will be given as per rules.
Duration: Maximum duration of the project is three years. Initially, appointment will be made for six months, which can be extended later for every six months till the completion of project subject to approval of Director, VNIT. The extension shall be solely based on satisfactory performance.
Duties and responsibilities of JRF: Under the contract, Junior Research Fellow shall carry out the following assignment:
- Carryout research work of the research project “Highly Efficient and Reliable Solid State Transformer for Future Distribution Network with Renewable Energy Support” directed by the Principal Investigator.
- Keep and maintain the record of the results in presentable form (Soft as well as hard copy).
- Keep a track of contingencies/consumables required for the work.
- Assist the PI in preparation of various reports related to the research work.
- Carryout any other departmental work as directed by PI.
Job Location: Nagpur, Maharashtra
Apply Mode: Email / Postal
- Submission deadline for Application Form (e-mail) 18 Jun, 2021
- Submission deadline for Application Form (Hard Copy) 20 Jun, 2021
- Intimation to Shortlisted Candidates (via e-mail) 22 Jun, 2021
- Written Test 29 Jun, 2021
- Interview 03 Jul, 2021
Official Website: Click Here
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit duly filled and signed application form in the format (available online on the institute website ) and detailed Curriculum Vitae through email and hard copy to the Principal Investigator before the deadlines. Along with the application, candidates have to send:
- Three Letters of Recommendation,
- One page write up on the skills and achievements, and
- One page write up (in your own words) on your research plans in the related area.
Email ID: [email protected]
Dr. Pradyumn Chaturvedi,
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering,
VNIT Nagpur South Ambazari Road,
Nagpur – 440010, M.S., India
For More Details(Read Carefully): Click Here
PDF File: Click Here