Research Faculty Recruitment 2020 notification announced by the Jawaharlal Nehru University – Project Scientist. Eligible candidates may apply on or before 6 PM on 19th Jan 2021.
Date Posted: 09th January 2021
Hiring Organization: Jawaharlal Nehru University
Organization Profile: Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
Job Title: Project Scientist
Title of the Project: Development of a robust cross-platform data-conversion and integration platform for whole-genome expression and methylation studies.
Sponsoring Agent: DBT
- Doctoral Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent;
- And 3 years experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
- This is a senior position and therefore, the candidate should be extremely familiar with biological data, especially high-throughput genomics data (from arrays and next-generation sequencing) with a strong publication record.
- Prior experience in using biological data, analytical tools, and working with next-generation sequencing data-related methods is a must.
- The position does not require conducting experiments in the lab
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science is preferred with multiple years of experience in dealing with biological data with a strong publication record in next-generation sequencing data analysis
Payment: Consolidated fixed emoluments per month: 67,000/- + HRA as per Govt. rule
Job Location: New Delhi
Last Date: 19th Jan 2021 at 6 PM
Apply Mode: Email
Date and Time of interview: 20th Jan 2021, Exact time of the interview will be communicated at a later stage only to the shortlisted candidates.
Duration of appointment: Till 12th Oct 2022 subject to the approval of the competent authority and satisfactory progress during the project.
Nature of appointment: Temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Mode of selection: Candidates will be shortlisted based on qualifications and prior experience followed by a personal interview. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the selection committee will interview the candidates via online mode. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated via e-mail to appear in the online interview.
Official Website: http://www.jnu.ac.in/
How to Apply: Interested Candidates Send an email to Professor Binay Panda, School of Biotechnology, JNU email with your current CV, list of publications (with DOI), and contact number.
Email: [email protected]
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Mehrauli Road, JNU Ring Rd,
More Details: click here