Faculty recruitment Job vacancy notification announced by the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad – Assistant Professor Grade-I & II for the 2020-2021 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply by online application submission is 22nd February 2021.
Date Posted: 02nd February 2021
Hiring Organization: Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
College Profile: Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune (abbreviated IIITP), is one of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology, a group of institutes of Higher education in India focused on Information Technology. It is established by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, the Government of India, and few industry partners as a Not-for-profit Public Private Partnership (N-PPP) Institution. Government College of Engineering, (COE) was the mentor Institute for the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT).
- Assistant Professors Grade I &II
- Associate Professors
Employment Type: Contractual/Regular
- Information Technology,
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering,
- Department of Applied Sciences and Department of Management Studies
Additional Desirable Qualification:
Assistant Professor Grade-II
- One publication in an SCI Journal.
- Two papers in SCI Journals or one patent; may be based on Ph.D. work
Assistant Professor Grade-I
- One Ph.D. supervision ongoing; 01 Patent; Experience in industry or R&D lab. of repute; M.Tech, M.Sc. or B.Tech. project supervision on live industrial problems.
- 01 or more patents; Supervising two or more students for Ph.D.; Strong liaison with industry; Offering courses through the application of ICTProfessor
- One or more patents supervised more than three students for Ph.D. Preparing E-learning material. At least one self-financed short term courses offered every year. Strong liaison with industry. Offering significant support to Institute management; High value sponsored or consultancy projects.Associate Professor
- 01 or more patents; Supervising two or more students for Ph.D.; Strong liaison with industry; Offering courses through the application of ICTEssential Qualification:
Assistant Professor Grade-II
- Others Essential None
- Ph.D. with 1 year of post Ph.D. experience
- One paper accepted for publication in SCI Journal
Assistant Professor Grade-I
- Ph.D. with 3 years of post Ph.D. experience OR 6 years of total experience (not counting Ph.D. enrollment period) after obtaining an appropriate Masters’s degree – M.Tech. or equivalent degree.
- 02 papers in SCI journals outside Ph.D. work. One ongoing sponsored project for candidates from academia. Two experiments or computational projects added to teaching laboratories where appropriate.
- 10 years of post Ph.D. experience or 13 years of total experience (not counting Ph.D. enrollment period) out of which 7 years are to be after Ph.D. At least 3 years to be at the Associate Professor level in an Institution of repute.
- After a minimum of four years’ experience at the level of associate professor (with AGP of Rs. 9500/Level 13A2) and /or Associate Professor with AGP of Rs. 9000/Level 13A1 with seven years experience, they will be eligible for consideration as Professor, if they meet the credentials, as per Four Tier Pay Structure.
- Two Ph.D. degrees guided in Career as sole or principal supervisor. The following during the past 04 years; (i) 03 papers in SCI journals; (ii) One High value sponsored or consultancy project; (iii) Academic outreach activity equivalent to two self-financed courses offered as coordinator and main teacher; (iv) Two experiments or computational design projects with added to teaching laboratories where appropriate
- 6 years of post Ph.D. experience OR 9 years of total experience (not counting Ph.D. enrollment period) out of which 3 years should be after Ph.D. 3 years at the level of Assistant Professor with AGP of Rs. 8000/Level 12 or equivalent in a reputed University, R&D Lab, or relevant Industry.
- 04 papers in SCI journals after Ph.D. One Ph.D. guided as sole or principal supervisor plus one continuing. Two projects ongoing or one ongoing plus one completed.Two experiments or computational projects added to teaching laboratories where appropriate. Academic outreach activity equivalent to two self-financed short term courses should have been organized or conducted.
Job Location: Allahabad
- Assistant Professor Grade-I: Level-10 & Level-11 for 3 years contractual
- Assistant Professor Grade-II: Level-12
- Associate Professors: Level-13A2
- professor: Rs.37400-67000 (PB-4) with AGP 10500/- / Level 14A
- After Screening, the screened-in candidates shall be invited for presentation in person or online mode.
- To and fro fare up to AC 3 tier by the shortest route (only for travel within India) will be paid by the institute on the production of tickets.
- Tatkal charges and local travel charges shall not be reimbursed. Accommodation will be provided in the institute’s visitors’ hostel at an institute subsidized rate. Candidates recommended after the presentation shall be invited for the interview before the Statutory Selection Committee.
- TA/Accommodation in the visitor’s hostel shall again be provided by the institute.
- Based on the recommendations of the statutory selection committee and approval of the Board of Governors, appointment letters shall be issued.
- Incomplete/ partially filled application forms will not be considered. The decision of the Institute authorities in such cases will be final.
- A separate sheet, if required, may be attached along with the application.
- As it is a rolling advertisement, the Institute reserves the right to fill/partially fill or not to fill any vacancies or cancel the selection process wholly or partially based on the availability of vacancies in a particular category at the time of presentation/interview Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Applications sent through email/FAX will not be considered.
- Essential and other essential qualifications/requirements are minimum eligibility criteria. Shortlisting criteria for calling for presentation/interview may be fixed at higher levels subject to the number of vacancies available and the number of applications received. A candidate applying for a post can be called for an interview for a lower post also if Committee recommends so Mere eligibility will not be entitled to any candidate for being called for any part of the selection process.
- Applicants who are employed in Government or Semi-Government Organizations should apply through proper channel or produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of seminar/interview. No information will be sent to those candidates who are not shortlisted for the Interview.
- It is expected that the entire selection process will be over within six months of the issue of the advertisement Candidates may apply in more than one department by repeating the online application process. Certificate of SC/ST/OBC will be accepted only in the specified format
- Reservation is applicable as per Government of India rules. The candidate belonging to reserved categories(SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD) is required to attach the Caste/ Category certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format of the Government of India.
- The Institute follows the Central list in the case of SC/ST and OBC-NCLs. OBC-NCL certificate should not be older than one year. The institute also encourages applications from qualified women candidates.
- A suitable residential accommodation as per Institute rules may be provided on the Campus on joining the Institute depending upon availability.
Apply Mode: Online
Last Date: 22nd Feb 2021
College Website URL: http://www.iiitp.ac.in/
How to Apply:
- The eligible and interested candidates may apply online.
Indian Institute Of Information Technology Road Devghat,
Jhalwa, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211015
For more details: Click here
Subscribe our Telegram Channel to get all updates: Join Now!
Alert : Dear Visitors, Faculty Plus Employees will not call any candidates towards Job Offer or Job assistance or asking certificates. Faculty Plus will never charge any candidates for Jobs. Please be aware of fraudulent calls or emails.