Teaching Jobs vacancy notification announced by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand for 2020-2021 academic calendar year. Eligible candidates may apply within 26th August 2020.
Post Date: 6th August 2020
College Name: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
About College: Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
Job Position: Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
- Architecture & Planning
- Applied Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Hydro & Renewable Energy
- Management Studies
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Pulp & Paper Technology
- Polymer & Process Engineering
- Water Resources Development & Management
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management
- Centre of Nanotechnology
- Centre for transportation systems
- Professor: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years’ experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard.
- Associate Professor: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 6 years teaching /industrial/research experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 3 years industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor Grade-II: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Candidate Profile :
- Candidate should have Good Communication Skill
- Commitment towards work
- Candidate should have good soft skills
Job Location: Roorkee, Jharkhand
Last Date: The last date for applying for Professor and Associate Professor positions is midnight of August 26, 2020. There is no last date for applying for Assistant Professor positions. Thus, applications for Assistant Professor positions are welcome throughout the year.
- Professor: Academic Level 14A of Pay Matrix (Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200)
- Associate Professor: Academic Level 13A2 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,11,300)
- Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.1,01,500– 1,67,400).
- Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs. 57,700– 98,200). The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.16 Rs. 89,800
Apply Mode: Online
How to Apply: Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online through the website of the Institute.
To Apply Online: Clickhere
Dean of Faculty Affairs
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee – 247 667
Reference: Official Advertisement
To Get All Updates from Facultyplus, Subscribe Now by Email