Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi announced Teaching faculty jobs 2021 for the academic year 2020-2021 for the post of Assistant Professor (Contract basis). Interested candidates may apply through online/ Postal within 30th April 2021
Date Posted: 10th April 2021
Hiring Organization: Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi
Organization Profile: The Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) is an autonomous, multidisciplinary Centre for advanced research and training. Widely recognized as a Centre of excellence, it is one of India ‘s leading academic institutions in the fields of economic and social development. Established in 1952, its faculty of about 23 social scientists (economists, demographers and sociologists) and a large body of supporting research staff focus on emerging and often cutting-edge areas of social and policy concern. Many past and current faculty members are internationally renowned and award-winning scholars.
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Employment Type: Contract Basis
Minimum Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor:
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in the Master’s Degree in a relevant subject – Demography/Population Studies/ Statistics/ Biostatistics/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Sociology/ Social Work/ Psychology/ Anthropology/ Geography from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university Persons with P.G. degree other than Demography/Population Studies should have completed a minimum one year regular course in Demography/Population Studies at a recognized institution/University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained above, candidates, who are, or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and procedure for Award of Ph.D. degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professor or equivalent position in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET/ SLET/SET is not conducted.
- Persons with rich experience in conducting field surveys in the areas of population and health – particularly reproductive health are encouraged to apply. Experience in conducting Monitorin and Evaluation activities, report writing, results disseminations, etc. is desired. Knowledge of datasets pertaining to health and population like NFHS, LASI, Census, NSSO, etc. is preferred. Prior knowledge and experience of national health data repositories like HMIS, etc. is desired. Candidates with experience in conducting/monitoring large-scale surveys like NFHS, LASI, DLHS, etc. – will be given preference. Experience in teaching/conducting workshops in the domain of population and health is preferred.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge of data analytics using statistical packages. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is desired.
- Please note that the selected candidate has to go for field work in different parts of India. It is mandatory.
i. The candidates should complete PG/Ph.D in relevant discipline
ii. The candidate should have good communication skills
iii. The candidate should have passion in teaching and research
iv. Plan and implement educational activities and events.
v. Evaluate and document student’s progress
Job Location: New Delhi
Consolidated Salary: Rs. 81357/- per month inclusive of all benefits
Apply Mode: Online/ Postal
Walk-in Date and Time: 30th April 2021
Organization Website: http://www.iegindia.org/
How to Apply:
- Application form for the above post is available on the Institute’s website,
under “Online Job Portal and Rules” web link.
- The candidates are required to download filled application form and send along with self-attested educational qualification certificates and testimonials (hard copy), the names of three references, by post to Following address latest by 30th April 2021.
- Note: Under the current pandemic scenario, interested candidates who are currently out of Delhi, can attend the interview online. The details of the online link would be provided to the short-listed candidates only.
Dr. Sushil Kumar Sen,
Academic Programmes Officer,
Institute of Economic Growth,
University of Delhi Enclave,
North Campus, Delhi-110007
For More Details (Read carefully): Click Here