Faculty recruitment 2020 Job vacancy notification announced by Dr. Homi Bhabha State University – Vice-Chancellor Jobs for the 2020-2021 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply within 29th October 2020 immediately.
Date Posted: 1st October 2020
Hiring Organization: Dr. Homi Bhabha State University
Organization Profile: Dr. Homi Bhabha State University (HBSU) is a state university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was established in 2019 as a cluster university, combining four colleges formerly under Mumbai University, Elphinstone College, Sydenham College, Secondary Training College and The Institute of Science, the latter being the main college.[
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Age Limit:- (As per Maharashtra Public Universities Act, 2016 Section-11, Sub-Section-3) The person appointed as the Vice-Chancellor shall, subject to the terms and conditions of the contract of service, hold office for a period of five years from the date on which he takes charge of his office or till he attains the age of sixty-five years, whichever is earlier and he shall not be eligible for re-appointment.
Essential Qualification and Experience : (As per the official Gazette of the State of Maharashtra dated 27th May, 2009)
1. Earned Doctorate in any discipline and good academic record.
2. Experience in the field of Higher Education of at least 15 years in teaching and research in a university/well-established institution of repute and/or at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
3. Minimum of five research publications in peer-reviewed/ referred international research journals after Ph.D. and/or published quality books in a recognized discipline, referenced for study in higher education at the National/International level.
4. At least 5 years of administrative experience in the field of Higher Education not below the rank of Professor and Head of the Department in a university/Principal (in Professor’s Grade) of a Senior College/Head of a national/international institution of Advanced Learning.
5. Execution of at least one major research project.
6. Experience of working with international bodies or international exposure through participation in workshops, seminars or conferences held outside the country.
7. Experience of organizing events such as workshops, seminars, conference at an international level within the country in the field of higher education.
8. Demonstrated experience in leadership.
Desirable Experience (As per the official Gazette of the State of Maharashtra dated 27th May, 2009)
1. Experience of working on the Statutory Authorities of a university such as Board of Studies, Academic Council, Management Council or Executive Council of Board of Management, Senate, etc;
2. Demonstrable experience of handling Quality issues, assessment and accreditation procedures, etc.;
3. Experience to guide Ph.D. students;
4. Experience at the State or national or international level in handling youth
development work such as organizing student-centric activities for their all-round development and for providing them rich campus life as envisaged in the Maharashtra Universities Act.
- All candidates should have completed PG/Ph.D. in their relevant discipline
- Candidate should work with a lot of dedication and discipline
- Good Communication Skill
Job Location: Mumbai
Pay Scale: As per Norms
Apply Mode: Email
College Website URL: https://iscm.ac.in/
How to Apply: Interested candidates may send the application through the email within 29th October 2020 to the mentioned address.
Dr. Homi Bhabha State University
15, Madam Cama Road,
Reference: Advertisement dated 30th September 2020