Teaching Faculty Recruitment 2023 Job vacancy notification announced by Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala – Associate / Assistant Professor Jobs for the 2023-2024 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply by Online and Postal.
Date Posted: 6th November 2023
Hiring Organization: Cochin University of Science and Technology
Organization Profile: Cochin University of Science and Technology is a government-owned autonomous science and technology university in Kochi, Kerala, India. It was founded in 1971 and has two campuses: one in Kochi, and one in Kuttanad, Alappuzha, 66 km inland.
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
Employment Type: Regular
Departments having vacancy:
- Inter-University Centre for IPR Studies
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Associate Professor (Academic Level 13A)
- LLM (IP) or (IPR) or equivalent with minimum 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a pointscale wherever the grading system is followed) and
- Ph.D in Law preferably in the field of IPR.
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position in the field of IPR equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peerreviewed or UGC-listed journals out of which five publications must be in the area of IPR and a total research score of seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of UGC Regulations 2018.
Assistant Professor (Academic Level 10)
- LLM (IP) or (IPR) or equivalent with minimum 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a pointscale wherever the grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Ph.D in Law preferably in the field of IPR.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, as per UGC Regulations 2018, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions :-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of
which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Job Location: Kochi, Kerala
Pay Scale: As per norms
Apply Mode: Postal and Online
- Online Application: 30th November 2023
- Hard Copy of Application: 7th December 2023
Organization Website: http://www.cusat.ac.in/
- Rs. 3150/- (General Category)
- Rs. 800/- (SC/ST Category)
- Rs. 2100/- (General Category)
- Rs. 525/- (SC/ST Category)
How to Apply:
- Candidates should apply online on or before 30.11.2023.
- One signed hard copy of the filled up online applications (Part A & Part B) along with copies of documents to prove age, community, qualifications, percentage of marks, experience, copies / reprints of publication (if any) with proof of impact factor etc. should reach the Registrar, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi – 682 022 before 5.00 PM on 07.12.2023. Candidates who have applied online but failed to submit the hard copies of the application in time will not be considered for selection.
- Apply Online: Clickhere
Cochin University of Science and Technology,
Kochi – 682 022