Faculty Recruitment 2021 notification announced by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, Maharashtra – Assistant Professor Jobs. Eligible candidates may apply Online within 15th May 2021
Date Posted: 29th April 2021
Hiring Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Azim Premji School of Education, TISS- Hyderabad Off Campus
Organization Profile: The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute when it was declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Employment Type: Contract
Department having vacancy:
- Azim Premji School of Education, TISS- Hyderabad Off Campus
- i) A Postgraduate degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a pointscale wherever the grading system is followed) in Education/M.A. in
Education/Any discipline of Social Sciences/Allied subjects from an Indian
University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. program prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the
Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject
to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfillment of the following
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a referred journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
- The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by
the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- the Times Higher Education (THE) or
- the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Having Ph.D. in Education or allied discipline along with a B.Ed/M.Ed
Having expertise in
o Quantitative Research in Education or
o Education Administration, Leadership and Management or
o Mathematics Education or
o ICT in Education or
o Early Childhood Care and Education or
o Economics of Education or
o Adult Education. Willing to work in a team and explore new and emerging research.
Job Location: Hyderabad
Apply mode: Online
Pay Scale: Consolidated salary of approx. Rs. 71000/- (Pay Band Rs. 15600 –
39100; AGP Rs. 6000/-)
Organization Website: http://www.tiss.edu/
How to Apply: The candidates are requested to apply through Online within 15th May 2021
To Apply Online : Click Here
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
VN Purav Marg, Deonar, Chembur,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088
Reference: Click Here