Teaching Faculty recruitment 2021 Job vacancy notification announced by the Somaiya Vidyavihar University, Mumbai Maharashtra – Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor Jobs for 2021-2022 academic year. Eligible candidates may apply Online and through E-Mail
Post Date: 1st September 2021
Hiring Organization: Somaiya Vidyavihar University
Organization Profile: Somaiya Vidyavihar is an educational campus located in the Vidyavihar suburb of Mumbai. It is the second-largest campus in Mumbai, superseded only by the Powai campus of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. It is approximate of 60 acres. The entire campus is owned and operated by the ‘Somaiya Trust’.
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Art History
- China Studies
- Jainology/ Prakrit
- Swar Vadya- Instrument
- Percussion- Tabla
- Sports and Exercise Science
- Library and Information Science
- Assistant Professor- Teaching experience as per UGC norms; consistently good academic credentials, with a first-class master’s degree and Ph. D. degree from a recognized University.
- Associate Professor (China Studies)- First Class Master’s degree in the core subject; Doctoral Degree from a recognized University; 8 years teaching experience at the level of Assistant Professor; high quality research publications and experience of guiding doctoral research.
- Art History- Demonstrated experience working in digital communications environment. Demonstrable creative approach to developing, implementing, and evaluating digital media activities. Excellent written English and understanding of writing for digital, adaptable to different styles and tones of voice. Experience of publishing using a Content Management System (CMS).
- Yoga- Two years teaching experience; original research papers published in peer-reviewed journals
- China Studies- Modern China, with a focus on any of the social disciplines such as economics, politics, international relations, and history. Chinese language proficiency is essential.OR Ancient China, with a focus on ancient India-China contact, trade, and transmission of Buddhism. Working knowledge of Classical Chinese is highly desirable.
- Jainology/ Prakrit- Two years teaching experience; original research papers published in peer-reviewed journals
- Sports Science- Ph.D. in Physical Education, Master’s in Physical Education with minimum 55% aggregate OR MSc Sports and Exercise Science with 55% aggregate OR Equivalent.
- Library Science- Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from a recognized university/ university level institution. At least 2 years’ post-doctoral research experience and original research publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- All the candidates must have completed PG in their relevant discipline
- Candidate should work with a lot of dedication and discipline
Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Pay Scale: As per UGC norms.
Apply Mode: Email and Online
College Website URL: somaiya.edu
How to Apply: Interested candidates May Apply Online and send your updated resume by 15th September 2021 to following mail address
Email: [email protected]
To Apply Online: Click Here
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077
Reference: Advertisement Dated on 1st September 2021