Faculty Development Program 2021 notification announced by Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Eligible candidates may register through online within 9th June 2021
Date Posted: 17th May 2021
Organization Name: Anna University, Chennai
Organization Profile: Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society. Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained there from, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities. National Institutional Ranking Framework has ranked Anna University as seventh in the University category, ninth in Engineering category and fourteenth in the overall category. Having proven both in academic and research areas, Anna University is able to impart quality and excellence in Technical Education. Anna University has four University Departments, four Regional Centers and thirteen Constituent Colleges.
CEG Campus: College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG) was established in May of 1794, as a School of Survey with one student in a building near Fort St. George. Founded by Michael Topping, the school became the Civil Engineering School in 1858. Subsequently, CEG was established as a college in 1859 under the Madras University. Located in heart of the Chennai City. The University offers 18 UG, 35 PG (Regular) and 34 PG (Self-supporting) courses. CEG has 16 Departments, 6 University Affiliated Centre’s, and 12 Research Centre’s where research programs are offered.
About the Department: Department of Computer Science and Engineering (DCSE), formerly known as School of Computer Science and Engineering, was carved out of the School of Electronics and Communication Engineering in September 1987. DCSE function as one of the University Department having academic autonomy of having its own syllabus and curriculum. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes in various disciplines of Computer Science & Engineering. The Department imparts world class training and research.
Event Type: Faculty Development Training Program
Event Title: CS8792 – Cryptography and Network Security
Start Date: 14th June 2021
End Date: 19th June 2021
Department Conducting Event: Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
Learning Objectives for the Course: The main learning objective with this course is to enable participants to
- To learn different aspects of encryption techniques
- To know the standard algorithms used to provide confidentiality, integrity and authenticity
- To understand various attacks present over encryption and authentications techniques
- To understand role played by authentication in security
- To appreciate the current trends of security practices
- To apply the concepts of securing computer systems based on the application of cryptography techniques
- Modern Cryptography
- Model of Network Security
- Encryption Techniques
- Symmetric key and Asymmetric key Cryptography
- Digital Signatures and usage in Government Departments
- Hands-on sessions in Symmetric, Asymmetric Cryptography, Ethical Hacking etc.,
- Registration Deadline 9th June 2021
- Intimation of Selection: 10th June 2021
- Confirmation by Participants: 11th June 2021
- Dr. Arockia Xavier Annie R, Assistant Professor,, Department of CSE, CEG Campus.
- Mrs. M S Karthik a Devi, Assistant Professor, Department of CSE, CEG Campus.
- Registration for Faculty Development Training Programme shall be done only through online by clicking the link below
- Participants will be selected on First Come First Served basis
- No registration fee for the participants
- Registration is restricted to 100 participants only
- Six days of attendance is Compulsory.
- A test shall be conducted on the 6th day of the programme
- The certificate will be issued only for those who have got more than 75% marks in the test.
FDTP on CS8792 – Cryptography and Network Security,
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
CEG Campus, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025.
Email: [email protected]
For More Details (Read Carefully): Click Here