Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work, Nagpur wanted Assistant Professors for the academic year 2023-2024. Eligible candidates may apply by postal on or before 26th October 2023.
Date Posted: 12th October 2023
Hiring Organization: Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work, Nagpur
Organizational Profile: The Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work (earlier known as the “School of social Work for Women”) was founded by Dr Satyabala Tayal began in 1958 with just seven students in a small room in the premises of Matru Sewa Sangh at Sitabuldi in Nagpur, offering just a Certificate Course in Social Work. It was the first such Institution in Central India. It evolved with a coherent perspective, from a Certificate course in Social Work (CSW) to a Bachelor’s course (BSW). Subsequently the Masters (MSW) and M.Phil courses followed. To strengthen the academic programmes the Institute pioneered field action projects in hospital and community settings for rural people, abandoned children, women in distress, low-income families in slum localities, and drug addicts. In the last decade the Institute has been offering its expertise in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, and research to governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Job Title: Assistant Professor
- Social Work
Qualification: As Per UGC/ Government of Maharashtra/ RTM Nagpur University Norms
- 1. A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- 2. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SET :Provided the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal; and
- The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars, sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
- The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ;
- the Times Higher Education (THE) or
- the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Job Location: Nagpur, Maharashtra
Apply Mode: Postal
Last Date: 26th October 2023
Pay Scale: As Per UGC/ Government of Maharashtra/ RTM Nagpur University Norms
How to Apply: The application may be made on a plain paper/prescribed proforma & addressed to the Principal/Dean/Director on the address given below on or before dated 26-10-2023 alongwith a crossed postal order of Rs 100 /- drawn in the favour of the Principal/Dean/Director and certified copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials towards substantiation of eligibility in terms of academic qualifications.
Principal/ Dean/ Director
Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work
West High Court Road, Bajaj Nagar Tal.
Nagpur City, Dist.- Nagpur – 440010
For more detailed information (Read Carefully): Click Here