Research Faculty Recruitment 2021 notification announced by the Jawaharlal Nehru University – Research Associate I. Eligible candidates may apply through E-mail within 20th April 2021
Date Posted: 12th April 2021
Hiring Organization: Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
Organization Profile: Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
Job Title: Research Associate I
Title of the Project: “Role of water in the early events of Protein Unfolding with pressure by Extreme Computing: Impossible is nothing”
Department: School of Computational & Integrative Sciences
Sponsoring Agent:National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)
Essential Qualifications: The candidate should have a Ph.D. in Chemistry/Physics/Computational biology and related disciplines. Extensive experience in computational work in Ph.D. is required.
- Demonstrable experience in using molecular dynamics (MD) simulation for complex biological problems (in terms of research publications). Experience in studying protein folding and unfolding. Knowledge of at least one programming language. Familiarity with modern tools of MD data analysis. Good knowledge of statistical mechanics. Experience in using supercomputing resources.
- The position is completely temporary and co-terminus with the project. The initial appointment will be for one year, which can be extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority. The eligible candidates may further be shortlisted based on the qualification/experience depending on the total number of applications received. JNU may select candidate against the above posts depending upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate and reserves the right to relax any of the qualification(s) in case the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the Selection Committee. Salary and other conditions of the Research Associate-I position will be as per the rules of the funding agency and university.
- Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis but have not received their degrees can apply. However, the designation and salary of such a candidate, if selected, will be as per the funding agency and university rules.
Official Website: http://www.jnu.ac.in/
Apply Mode: E-mail
Last date of receiving applications: 20th April 2021
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates may apply by sending their complete application to following E-mail ID latest by 20th April 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for an online interview.
- Hard copy of the application will NOT be accepted.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Dr. Pradipta Bandyopadhyay
School of Computational & Integrative Sciences,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110067
For More Details (Read carefully): Click Here