Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi has announced Teaching faculty jobs in 2023 for the post of Guest Faculty/ Assistant professor. Interested candidates may apply by sending the application by post.
Date Posted: 16th November 2023
Hiring Organization: Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar
Organization Profile: Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In the Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’. The story of its growth from a small institution in pre-independence India to a central university located in New Delhi—offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas—is a saga of dedication, conviction, and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. They “built up the Jamia Millia stone by stone and sacrifice by sacrifice,” said Sarojini Naidu, the nightingale of India.
Job Title: Teaching Faculty
- Guest Faculty/ Assistant Professor
Employment Type: Contract
Departments that have Faculty Vacancy:
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Humanities & Languages
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Dentistry
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET / SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil. / Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET / SLET / SET
- The candidate should be completed a UG/PG in the relevant discipline with good academic records.
- The candidate should have excellent communication
- Candidates should be passionate towards teaching and guiding students
- The candidate should have good research record
Job Location: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor: Monthly Remuneration of Rs. 81,934/- per month (Basic Pay in AL — 10 + DA)
- Guest faculty under Regular Courses/ Self Finance Course will be paid honorarium of Rs. 50,000/- per month and will share the equal work load as shared by the Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Apply Mode: Postal
Last Date: 21st November 2023
Organization Website: https://www.jmi.ac.in/
How to Apply: The application form along with all the relevant certificates should reach in the Concerned department, Jamia Millia Islamia, Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi – 110025 latest by 21.11.2023.
Jamia Millia Islamia,
New Delhi – 110025.
For Detailed Faculty job Advertisement (Read carefully): Click Here