Hiring Organization: Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
Organization Profile: Indian Institute of Technology Patna is one of the new IITs established by an Act of the Indian Parliament on August 06, 2008. Patna which was known as Patliputra has been a center of knowledge since long has been attracting visitors and scholars from many parts of the world such as China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Sri Lanka, among others. This has been a land of visionaries. Some of the legends from this region include Lord Gautam Buddha, Lord Mahavir, Guru Gobind Singh, the famous astronomer Aryabhatta and the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
Departments having vacancy:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Associate Professor: One should have a Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent (in
terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree in appropriate branch with a very good
academic record throughout and a minimum of six (06) years in teaching/research/industry
experience of which at least three (03) years should be at the level of Assistant Professor
(Grade I)/ Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer or equivalent as on the closing
date of the advertisement. The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of M.Tech/MSc. and Ph.D. student(s), publications in reputed journals and conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities. It is desirable that the candidate has received external funding for research.
Professor: One should have a Ph.D. degree in appropriate branch and a minimum of ten
(10) years in teaching/research/industry experience of which at least four (04) years should be at the level of Associate Professor or equivalent as on the closing date of the advertisement. The candidate should have generated sufficient funding for research and
demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization also evidenced by
independent PhD guidance, strong record of publications in reputed journals and conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- Professor: To be appointed in Pay Level 13A2 (Rs.1,39,600- 2,11,300/-) with minimum pay of Rs. 139600/- per month.
- Associate Professor: To be appointed in Pay level 14A c. (Rs.1,59,100- Rs.2,20,200) with minimum pay Rs.1,59,100/-per month
- Plus allowances (DA/HRA/TA/Medical/Children Education Allowance)as admissible to Central Govt. Employees from time to time. Pay protection is admissible as per rule.
Job Location: Patna, Bihar
Apply Mode: Postal and Email
How To Apply: Applicants should send their applications along with relevant documents (soft copy) through email to: [email protected] and hard copy by post to the below address. Also, they should request their referees to send the reference letters to Faculty Affairs by post/email ([email protected]).
Closing date of the advertisement (IITP/FACREC/2022/R0016, Dated 19.01.2022) is
15th March 2022. The Application form must reach the office of the Faculty recruitment cell by: 15th March, 2022 All such applications which reach after the said cutoff date shall not be entertained. For any further information, please contact [email protected]
Faculty Recruitment Cell
Faculty Affairs Office, IIT Patna
Bihta, Patna-801106, Bihar
Phone: +91 (612) 3028041
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: Faculty Job Vacancy Notification 2022