Opening Date: 14th January 2022
Closing Date: 27th January 2022
Applications are invited for the posts of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research project entitled “Secure Drones: Analyze, Deploy, and Decide Cryptographic Modules in UAVs” in reference to the collaborative R&D agreement (No: CW 699259) executed between:
- the Department of Science and Technology (Government of India), National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NMICPS), Technology Innovation Hub (TIH),
- Cyber Security and Cyber Security of Cyber-Physical Systems (C3iHUB), IHUB NTIHAC Foundation, IIT Kanpur, and;
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City (IIITS), Chittoor, dated: 29th November
JRF Positions available: 1 (One)
|Name of Position||:||Junior Research Fellow (JRF)|
|Number of Position||:||01 (One)|
|Project Duration||:||Around 33 Months|
|Academic Qualifications||:||B.Tech./B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering/related branches with 60 % (or 6.5/10 CGPA) and above. With 5% relaxation for SC/ST/PwD applicants.
M.Tech./M.E. in related areas/specializations of Computer Science and Engineering/related branches with 60 % (or 6.5/10 CGPA) and above. With 5% relaxation for SC/ST/PwD applicants.
|Skills Required (Essential)||:||(i) Background in Cryptographic Algorithms
(ii) Good proficiency in Computer System Architecture
(iii) Knowledge in Wireless Communication
|Skills Required (Desirable)||:||(i) Proficient in Python programming and Matlab
(ii) Knowledgeable in Embedded Systems and Design / Drones / Sensors
(ii) The preference may be given to the candidates who published papers (paid journals are not considered) in reputed Journals/Conferences.
|Fellowship||:||As per the funding agency norm (i.e., for JRF Rs. 31000 and HRA)|
Interested and eligible applicants may submit their application through the following link only (No email submissions are entertained): https://forms.gle/gd2M83u6hagqSCBS8
A detailed Curriculum Vitae describing the working knowledge as per notification along with soft copies of Mark Sheets, Certificates, and a one-page motivation letter should be uploaded.
In case of any queries, you may contact [email protected] (PI of the project) w.r.t. to the application process. Selected candidates must be able to report to the institute immediately.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of the information, other documents, and photographs
- The Institute reserves the right to accept applications at any time and consider candidates of exceptional credentials without Qualification and experience may be relaxed at any point in time for exceptional candidates.
- Mere, possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for an The shortlisting will be done based on the need of the project.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed by email about the interview date. So, the candidate must provide valid E-mail IDs in their applications.
- Applicants in government/semi-government employment must submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer.
- The first and foremost responsibility of the candidate is to fulfill the jobs’ requirements to complete the above-mentioned project in a timely manner.
- Leaving the project before the end of the project is strongly discouraged. Candidates will not be entitled to any experience certificate if leaving the project without completing it.
- The association between PI and the candidate can be discontinued at any time by giving one month’s notice in writing either by the PI of the project to the candidate or by the candidate to the PI of the project.
- The progress of the project will be monitored continuously and JRF/PA may be asked to leave in case of unsatisfactory performance.
- Candidates selected for this position can also apply for the regular Ph.D. program in IIIT Sri City, provided they satisfy the eligibility criterion followed by the selection process laid down by the institute.
- Experience letters will be provided, only if the candidate completes the project
- The above-mentioned positions are purely temporary, an association of the candidates with the institute will automatically end on the closing date of the project.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City Chittoor (IIITS) was established by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance under the Act of Parliament along with the Government of Andhra Pradesh and Industry Partners-Sri City Foundation and Sri City Pvt. Limited.
IIITS is located in Sri City (www.sricity.in), a decade-old state-of-the-art industrial city located about 60 KMs North of Chennai on “Chennai–Nellore–Kolkata highway” (AH45). Sri City is spread over 8000 acres encompassing a multi-product Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Domestic Tariff Zone (DTZ), Free Trade & Warehousing Zone (FTWZ), and Electronics Manufacturing Cluster. Sri City is hosting over 120 companies from 27 countries. The institute has access to the industries and social infrastructure available in Sri City through the Industry Partner.
IIITS envisions to be a globally known institution for IT education, research, and development. The institute has a special thrust to attract and retain talented faculty members who can make a mark in teaching and research at the international level. The current faculty members at IIITS are from leading universities from India and abroad with excellent teaching and research credentials.
The faculties are quite active in their research, and importantly are able to translate their knowledge and experience into academic and research advancements of students. Over the last 5 years, the faculty have secured around 20 sponsored projects. These projects are funded by several Govt of India agencies such as DST, MEITY, DRDO, and ISRO and industries such as NVIDIA, Hella Automotive, etc. IIITS has a significant focus on UG research, sponsored projects, and scholarly publications.
For more details, please visit www.iiits.ac.in.