Greetings from the Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM) Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
The Institute offers full-time/part-time Ph.D. programmes in the Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, and English), Departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. Details of broad research areas for admission are provided at Annexure ‘A’ and Annexure ‘B’.
- Full-Time – Ph.D.
- Under Institute Fellowship
- Under Sponsored Project
- Self-Financed-With out Institute Fellowship
- Fellowship from external funding agencies (Govt./ Semi-Govt)
- Part-Time – Ph.D.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & ELIGIBILITY:
Full-time Ph.D. admission [Under Institute Fellowship]:
- Ph.D. in Sciences:
Physics: Master’s degree in Physics/Applied Physics/Material science. (First class with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) in UG and PG). Should have been qualified in GATE/CSIR-NET exam any-time.
Mathematics: M.Sc. in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics or equivalent with a good academic record. (First class with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) in UG and PG). Should have been qualified in GATE/CSIR-NET exam any-time.
- Ph.D. in Engineering:
(a) Applicants holding Master’s degree:
Candidates with a M.Tech/M.S. (Research) degree in Engineering/Technology in the appropriate branch of study with a good academic record. (First class with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) in UG and PG).
(b) Applicants holding Bachelor’s degree:
Candidates who have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme in the engineering departments subject to anyone of the following conditions:
- A B. Tech degree holder from IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10-point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University who is among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score. (Proof of Top 10 rank holder certificate should be attached).
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R&D organization with minimum 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) and having a proven research record.
Ph.D. Admission (Under Institute Fellowship):
The scholars admitted to the Ph.D. programmes under Full-time are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) under the following regulations:
1. The scholars should work for at least 8 hours per week to earn this assistantship.
2. Renewal of assistantship every semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester in the discharge of responsibility as teaching / research assistant.
3. Financial assistance is provided to selected scholars based on the prescribed rules of MoE.
a) 1st and 2nd Year: Rs.31,000; 1st and 2nd Year: Rs.37000
b) 3rd to 5th year: Rs.35,000; 3rd-5th Year: Rs.42000
Interested and eligible candidates shall submit application using online Admission to Ph.D. programme portal available on the Institute website www.iiitk.ac.in). Enclosures such as GATE score card, Educational and Experience certificates, online Fees payment receipt, No Objection Certificate (NOC) and sponsorship certificate in support of application are to be uploaded as separate documents (pdf), along with the application form. In case, NOC is not enclosed at the time of online submission, a self-declaration form should be uploading by the candidate stating that NOC will be submitted at the time of interview. No Downloadable Forms will be available. After filling the form, you are advised to take a printout of your application and keep the same for your record.
- The last date for the submission of online Application forms: is 28.11.2023
- Web notification of the short-listed candidates for written test and/or Interview: 1.12.2023
- Tentative dates of written test and/or interview (for short-listed candidates): 11-13.12.2023
- Announcement of Results: 15.12.2023
For Any queries, the applicants can drop a mail to: [email protected].