Faculty Recruitment 2022-2023 job notification announced by WASH INSTITUTE. Eligible candidates may apply through Email.
Post Date: 20th September 2022
Hiring Organization: WASH Institute
Organization Profile: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India. WASH Institute also has an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
Job Title/Designation: Vice Principal Cum Faculty
No. of positions: 1
Qualification: PhD in topics related Environmental Engineering/Water/Wastewater
Experience: At least 5 Years of teaching experience in graduate or post-graduate courses. Desirable- Experience of research or work experience in water/ wastewater/solid waste management.
The Vice Principal cum Faculty will be having following roles and responsibilities (not limited to):
- Will be responsible for preparing and implementing a complete academic course plan
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualised instructions/guidance to students by promoting interactive learning
- Design and Develop Course Curriculum for students/trainees and modify the curriculum as per the requirement of the University
- Support in student admission and assessments
- Assist in designing various postgraduate diploma and certificate courses for subjects related to water, wastewater and faecal sludge management
- Coordination with other subject experts, faculty members and external stakeholders in compiling and preparing the syllabus and content for the courses.
- Should be able to deliver trainings online and at other project locations on subjects related to water and sanitation, including FSSM
- Responsible for high quality and effective delivery of the courses
- Coordinate with Private sector and Government agencies in facilitating placement of the students who complete the course requirements.
- Deliver classes for the courses and assist other faculty members in the effective delivery of classroom/online sessions
- Review the course content and delivery methods and advise the faculty and project teams on necessary modifications to meet sector requirements.
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in Tamil and English is essential.
Job Location: Reddiyarchatram, Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu. The role may require travel to other project locations based on need.
Pay Scale: The Annual salary CTC will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Apply Mode: Email
How to Apply: Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]. The last date to submit application is 30th September 2022. The screening will be done on rolling basis. Hence, the candidates are requested not to wait till the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
Email Address to Apply: [email protected]
WASH Institute- Formal Course Centre
No.1/20, Kathiranampatti Pirivu,
Tamil Nadu – 624622, India.
Email : [email protected]
Reference: Official Advertisement