Online Applications are invited from candidates for “Research Admissions – December 2019” at VIT University- Vellore, Chennai, VIT-AP and VIT-Bhopal campus. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply within 22nd November 2019.
Institution Name: Vellore Institute of Technology
Admission Called for: VIT Research Entrance Examination- December – 2019
VIT Ph.D. 2019 called for:
- School of Advanced Sciences
- School of BioSciences and Technology
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Computing Science & Engg.
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Electronics Engineering
- School of Information Tech. & Engg.
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Social Sciences & Languages
- VIT Business School
- VIT Law School
- VFIT Fashion Technology
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
For Ph.D. in Engineering:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class OR
- Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research.] / M.Tech [By Research].
- M.Sc Computer Science, M.Sc(IT), MCA and M.S.Software Engg.) degree holders are not eligible to apply for PhD. Program
For Integrated Ph.D. in Engineering / Technology:
Bachelor’s Students with an outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply. A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is mandatory. Candidates who are appearing for the final examination can also apply provided they meet all the requirements before admission.
For Ph. D in Sciences :
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class).
For Ph. D in Languages:
Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
For Ph. D in Management:
Master in Business Administration or M.E./ M.Tech. with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
For Ph.D. in Law
Master’s Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University/Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
For Ph. D in Fashion Technology:
M.Tech./M.E./M.Fashion Tech/M.S.[By Research]/M.Tech[By Research] in the field of Textile/Textile Engineering/Fibre Science/Textile Chemical Processing /Fashion /Apparel /Garment with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY:
Internal Full Time candidates:
A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D degree on full time basis (including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at VIT) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
External Part-Time candidates
Teachers working in other colleges in a permanent position and candidates sponsored by R&D organizations of following categories are eligible to apply to work on a part time basis for Ph.D degree:
- Laboratories run by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research/ Department of Atomic Energy / Department of Space etc.
- Public Sector undertakings with R & D Units.
- Private Industries recognized by The Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India as engaged in R&D work or contributing to R&D efforts. A copy of the certificate issued by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) in this regard will be required to be produced in such cases.
- Medical Industry, Institutions and Hospitals with approved R&D in the relevant area. (A copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate authority to be produced)
For all the Research Programmes, it is mandatory that the candidate should have studied in regular, full time and formal education in their previous degree programs (UG and PG).
VIT Fee for Ph.D Admissions 2019:
Application fee: Rs. 1200
- Issue of Application form: 24-10-2019
- Last Date to Apply:22-11-2019
For Details VIT Research/PhD Admission 2019 Notification: Clickhere