Applications are invited for admission to PhD programme under Visvesvaraya PhD Programme of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India under External category (Part-Time) for the session Jan 2020. The terms and conditions for support under this scheme are given in Annexure ‘A’.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram
Admission Called for: PhD Admission 2020 January Session- Part-Time/External Mode
IIITDM Kancheepuram, PhD 2020 called for:
- Design and development of off-grid solar charging station for e-Vehicles. The objective is to provide an industry-ready solution for fast charging of EV through stand-alone (wired/wireless) solar charging station
- Design and implementation of the Battery Management System (BMS) for e-vehicles. The main objective is to simulate and implement the active balancing of batteries with thermal considerations so that the BMS so developed should be capable to address industry standards.
- Thermoelectric generators could be used to tap the electrical power from the temperature gradient of waste heat, long-established, and mature technology. In growing concerns on the IoT and wearable electronics, the thermoelectric generation system has the potential to enter a wide range of self-produce a constant supply of clean electricity. It provides a long-lasting solution to the ever-growing demand on healthcare devices. This increasing demand for lightweight, highly flexible, stretchable, and washable presents critical challenges for the progress of wearable thermoelectric power generator.
- Electronic System Design for Electric Vehicles and renewable energy system
- Internet of Things for Home Energy Management System
- Virtual Energy Storage for Smart Grid application
- Retinal Biometrics: Emerging technologies allow for a more reliable and comfortable user
authentication methods in which most of them are based on biometric traits. It has already been asserted by expert clinicians that configuration of the retinal vessels are unique for each individual and it does not vary during his/her life, so it is a very well-suited identification characteristic. In addition, it is almost impossible to forge a retinal vessel pattern to different individual than its owner.
- Face recognition at a Distance: Face recognition is an important research problem spanning numerous fields and disciplines. This is because of face recognition, in addition to having numerous practical applications such as bank card identification, access control, Mug shots searching, security monitoring, and surveillance system. A general statement of the problem formulated as follows: given still or video images of a scene, detect and recognize one or more persons in the scene using a stored database of faces.
- Liveness Detection: Liveness detection distinguishes live persons from presentation attacks such as photos, videos or masks. The scientific term is presentation attack detection, which refers to fraud prevention for biometrics in general, whereas liveness detection is specifically used for face recognition
General Conditions/Instructions to the candidates:
- The allocation of Part-time Ph D seats are meant for Ph D candidates who would be working in the area of ESDM & IT / ITES category.
- As per the scheme part-time students are not being provided any other financial assistance during their Ph D work and the amount of Rs.2.5 lakhs is released only on award of Ph D degree to the concerned research fellow (as mentioned in the terms and conditions).
- Candidates should bring self-attested copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials along with the original certificates/documents at the time of interview.
- No travelling or any other allowances is admissible for attending the interview.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the position, if it so decides.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the appointment at any time before completion of the period, if it so decides.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
- Last date for submission of online application is same as the last date of application for the Ph.D position.
- The rules and regulations for Part-Time Ph D Programme will be uploaded in the Institute website shortly.
- Candidates are required to choose EXTERNAL category in the online application portal.
election procedure will be same as that of regular Ph D students given in Ph. D information Brochure.