Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. programmes starting in January 2020 Semester
Institution Name: Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati
Institution Profile: Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati is the first among the 3G IITs, announced in 2014, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. It started functioning with the support of its mentoring institute, IIT Madras from the academic year of 2015-16. Currently, the Academic Programs in B.Tech are Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The curriculum has emphasis on theoretical knowledge and practice oriented laboratories. Courses are planned to nurture innovation, creativity, quality, teamwork, communication skills, ethics and societal interaction. Subsequently, M Tech, M. Sc, M.S (Research) and PhD programmes were also started
Admission Called for: Ph.D Admission 2020
IIT Tirupati, Ph.D. 2020 called for:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Organizational Behavior/Human Resources Management
(A)Eligibility: Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant Engineering discipline. They should have a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10.
- Candidates under External Registration should have the same qualifications as Regular full-time scholars
(B) Eligibility: Ph.D. in Sciences
- Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE
score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM/INSPIRE/JEST or equivalent qualification tenable for
the current year in the relevant area. Master’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology are also eligible.
- ME/M.Tech or MS by Research in Engineering or 2 year M.Sc from IITs (entry through JAM) with CGPA 8.0 and above/ BS+MS (5 year integrated) from CFTI
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an
exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. in Sciences provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10.
(B) Eligibility: Ph.D in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in an eligible discipline with a good academic record or equivalent and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR- NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
Research scholars under the external registration programme, sponsored by, employed in an industry/organisation/national laboratory having R&D facilities, and recognised by DST or by IIT Tirupati. A research scholar under the external registration programme will normally carry out part or all of his/her research work in the industry/organization/ national laboratory employing the scholar under the supervision of a guide employed in the same organization and a guide at IIT Tirupati. The candidate must have at least two years’ experience in the parent organization.
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
- GN/EWS/OBC-NCL Male candidates : Rs.100/-
- GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates : Rs.50/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates : Rs.50/-
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Closing date for on- line application: 28-10-2019 (Monday)
- Written Test/ Interview: 09-12-2019 and 10-12-2019
- Announcement of Results: Next Day of the Interview
- Joining date of candidate: 01-01-2020 (Wednesday)
How to Apply: Eligible candidate may apply for IIT Tirupati PhD Admission Jan 2020 through online within 28-10-2019.
For Details PhD Admission 2020 Notification: Clickhere