Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme from eligible candidates for the year 2019-20 in the following categories: (1)Institute Scholar (2)Sponsored Scholar (3)Project Scholar (Projects running at IIT Bhubaneswar)
Institution Name: Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Admission Called for: Ph.D Admission 2020
IIT Bhubaneswar, Ph.D. 2020 called for:
- School of Basic Sciences: Bioscience, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- School of Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences: Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences and Geology
- School of Electrical Sciences: Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management: Economics, English and Psychology
- School of Infrastructure (Civil Engineering): Water Resources Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- School of Mechanical Sciences
- School of Minerals, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
(A) Eligibility Criteria for Institute Scholar:
Candidates who possess the qualifications as mentioned below are eligible for admission into the Ph. D. Programme for full-time with Institute Research Assistantship or UGC/CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or any other doctoral fellowship offered by Govt. of India (GoI), as the case is applicable. A relaxation of up to 5% marks in all academic examination levels is permitted for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
(B) Eligibility Criteria for Sponsored Scholar:
The sponsored candidates are not eligible for Institute Research Assistantship, but they must meet the same requisite standards of marks/grades in their qualifying degree and other examinations as mentioned above. They must also be in continuous service for at least three (3) years in any one of the following organizations, where appropriate R & D facilities exist:
- Departments and Ministries of the Government of India or any other government organization.
- Established industrial research and developmental organizations.
- Recognized autonomous bodies and public undertakings.
- Recognized universities/colleges.
(C) Eligibility Criteria for Project Scholar:
The scholars working in sponsored research projects at IIT Bhubaneswar can apply for the Ph.D Programme if they meet the applicable eligibility criteria for admission and have at least two years of fellowship tenure remaining, counting from the academic session or semester in which they are seeking admission. If such a candidate intends to be considered for Institute Research Assistantship after the tenure of the project is over, he/she must present a valid GATE score at that point of time or provide the evidence of a valid GATE score used in the year of admission into M.Tech. or equivalent programme.
- Minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Master’s degree in appropriate discipline. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) is required in all other examinations. A single relaxation up to 10% marks either at Xth or XIIth level examination or equivalent is permitted.
- The candidate must be UGC-NET(JRF and LS) qualified
N.B. 5% relaxation of marks in all academic examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PwD candidates compared to the General/OBC (NCL) candidates. This is applicable to all candidates.
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
- For General and OBC Candidates: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
- For SC/ST/PwD Candidates: Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only)
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Opening date for online application: 01-10-2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 31-10-2019
How to Apply: Eligible candidate may apply for IIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission Jan 2020 through online within 31st October 2019.
For Details PhD Admission 2020 Notification: Clickhere