Faculty Development Program on “Scientific & Technical Writing Tools” organized by Department of Electronics Engineering, Sanjay Ghodawat University Kolhapur, Maharashtra sponsored by Electronics & ICT Academy, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur during January 6 – January 11, 2020.
College Name: Sanjay Ghodawat University Kolhapur
The Sanjay Ghodawat University (SGU) is established in the Academic Year 2017-18. It is established as a State Private University under Govt. of Maharashtra Act No. XL of 2017 dated 3rd May 2017, with the approval of the UGC and the state Government. Academic Council of SGU governs the rules and regulations for the smooth conduct of academic programs with the approval of Governing Council of SGU, which shall continuously monitor the programs and makes appropriate amendments in the rules and regulations as per requirements whenever required. Spread across 150 Acres, Sou. Sushila Danchand Ghodawat Charitable Trust’s Sanjay Ghodawat University (SGU) is situated in serene atmosphere amidst idyllic hills and lush green meadows to study in harmony with Nature. Sanjay Ghodawat University, Kolhapur (SGU) stands for performance par excellence. World over where it is commonplace to see mediocrity as the order of the day, SGU always stands as the guiding star of brilliance, quality and deliverance beyond expectations. Innovativeness and Creativity are the hallmarks of a genius enterprise and SGU stands to be a stage where these qualities would be nurtured, encouraged and blossomed.
Institute Head: Dr. V.A. Raikar, Vice Chancellor, SGU Kolhapur
Event Name: E & ICT Academy, IIITDM Jabalpur sponsored Faculty Development Program on Scientific and Technical Writing Tools.
Event Start Date: January 6, 2020
Event End Date: January 11, 2020
Organized by: School of Technology – Department of Electronics Engineering
Objectives of the Programme: The purpose of this FDP is to help the participants to better learn about basic function of writing tools using LaTeX software and other modern tools. This would enable the participant faculty to disseminate the same to the students so as to enable them to produce scientiﬁcally crafted documents especially to PG and Research Scholar Students for writing their thesis work. This will also enable the scientist and engineers to use LaTeX software to give better solutions to their scientiﬁc work.
- Importance of Scientiﬁc and Technical Writing
- Introduction to LaTeX software and editors
- Document classes, and writing mathematical expressions using LaTeX
- Use of ﬂoats in LaTeX
- Writing thesis using LaTeX
- Creating database for Bibliography/References in LaTeX
- Inserting and writing bibliography/references in LaTeX
- Writing books, reports and technical notes using LaTeX
- Writing thesis using LaTeX
- Writing and editing journal articles using LaTeX
- Introduction to Snag IT and Photoshop/Corel Draw for producing images/block diagram for scientiﬁc report
- Importance of publications in reputed journals, and importance of indexing
- How to write research proposal for funding
- Patents and copyrights drafting
Eligibility: Faculty and Research scholars from Engineering/Polytechnic/Science/MBA and Pharmacy of any stream/specialization.
- Last date for receipt of application: 21-12-2019
- Intimation and confirmation of selection: 23-12-2019
School of Technology,
Department of Electronics Engineering
Sanjay Ghodawat University Kolhapur
Atigre, Dist: Kolhapur – 416 118, Maharashtra, India
Dr. Nilesh Bhaskarrao Bahadure
HOD Electronics Engineering & Program Coordinator